PDA

View Full Version : Find the Copperhead....

gcarter
01-25-2013, 07:28 PM
I lifted this from the Texas Hill Country page on FB.
Gotta be careful walking around..............

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/74945_10152452284695191_745140167_n.jpg

Offset
01-25-2013, 08:37 PM
George I would say it slithered away but I know you are going to show me where it is lurking. Kind of like finding Waldo without such happy results!:nilly:

hardcrab
01-25-2013, 08:43 PM
I see him, it's across the lower third horizontal area

Ed Donnelly
01-26-2013, 02:04 AM
I found it in under a minute

Conquistador_del_mar will take under 10 seconds I bet....Ed

Conquistador_del_mar
01-26-2013, 02:32 AM
I found it in under a minute

Conquistador_del_mar will take under 10 seconds I bet....Ed

Ed, I am guessing you mentioned me since I am from Texas - lol. Actually you were right, but only because I am a snake lover. I almost stepped on a coiled copperhead in Oklahoma when I was a kid - my foot was coming down on it when I saw it. I have caught lots of snakes in my life with my two favorites being a 6'+ coachwhip and a really nice and colorful 3'+ yellow bellied racer just a year or so ago at my business. I have a speckled kingsnake in my living room that was given to me a couple years ago. Great picture, George! That really shows how well they can blend.

Offset
01-26-2013, 06:48 AM
Now that you told me where it was I found it in less than 5 seconds!! And you guys thought you were quick. LOL

BUIZILLA
01-26-2013, 07:29 AM
I see the center body, haven't seen the head yet

Carl C
01-26-2013, 07:44 AM
Looks like the body starts in the very right, lower corner and head is a little below the tree trunk.

hardcrab
01-26-2013, 09:10 AM
"If it was a snake, it'a bit ya"

.............. "If it was a snake, I wouldn't been lookin' for it"

Carl C
01-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Good thing they rattle or I'd have stepped right on him. I found a little man's head.... I see the snake now!

Jraysray
01-26-2013, 09:31 PM
I got bit in my younger years. Not a lot of fun. Was pulling wood of a stack when it got me. I really don't like snakes. I used to have an Irish Setter that got bit all the time. Bark Bark Bark YELP! His head would swell up like a basket ball and vet finally said quit bringing him in. That crazy azz dog would grab them and whip his head back and forth by a tree slapping that snake on the tree till dead. Another not so funny thing he would do is kill and leave by door when you walk out. If you have EVER stepped on a snake you know the feeling. I would stomp down and walk on air for the next 10ft.

Jraysray
01-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Good thing they rattle or I'd have stepped right on him. I found a little man's head.... I see the snake now!

Not a rattle snake Carl. Kinda look like a timber rattler though.

johnnywhale
01-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Good thing I'm in NY
Our snakes sell used cars and wear gold chains

Conquistador_del_mar
01-27-2013, 07:26 PM
Here is the georgeous Eastern yellow bellied racer that I caught a couple years ago at my business. You can see where he nicked at the top of my right thumb the only time he bit me. Bill

Carl C
01-27-2013, 07:51 PM
I got bit in my younger years. Not a lot of fun. Was pulling wood of a stack when it got me. I really don't like snakes. I used to have an Irish Setter that got bit all the time. Bark Bark Bark YELP! His head would swell up like a basket ball and vet finally said quit bringing him in. That crazy azz dog would grab them and whip his head back and forth by a tree slapping that snake on the tree till dead. Another not so funny thing he would do is kill and leave by door when you walk out. If you have EVER stepped on a snake you know the feeling. I would stomp down and walk on air for the next 10ft.

The worst that my dogs have done is get skunked a few times. One got it real good in the face. That's usually good for a week outside in the kennels!

Not a rattle snake Carl. Kinda look like a timber rattler though.

No rattles? Not good!