PDA

View Full Version : OK. I need a few testers for the new registry

harbormaster
01-21-2013, 08:06 PM
this is a prelease. look and feel could change. I am looking at testing functionality.
there are a few prerequisites for testers.
1. must be computer literate and know how to find & upload photos from your computer.
2. I would to give preference to donors of the new registry
3. must have photos of your boat to upload.
4. All issues are to be sent to me by privatemail and are not for public consumptio.
5. EVERYONE ELSE CAN LOOK BUT DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR BOAT YET. ;-)

WWW.DONZI.NET/REGISTRY

PEOPLE WHO WANT TO TEST PLEASE REPLY TO THIS POST.
The new registry is keyed to your email address. MAKE SURE IT IS CORRECT OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EDIT YOUR REGISTRY PAGE.

Carl C
01-21-2013, 08:43 PM
I would participate. A small donation is in the mail.

harbormaster
01-21-2013, 09:16 PM
I might be just bit slow in responding to inquiries because i am in the hospital with the flu and pneomonia. Though I do appreciate the good thoughts, I am doing just fine so lets not make this a get well soon thread. Thanks!

Ed Donnelly
01-21-2013, 11:15 PM
So you are the one who gave me the flu

I am in too..................Ed

jl1962
01-22-2013, 04:52 AM
I'm in for the Registry.
Not the flu.........

VetteLT193
01-22-2013, 07:54 AM
The link should be http://www.donzi.net/registry/

The original was missing the ending / .

This is what I do for a living so I can test as needed.

First thing that is functional but is a big no no is emails are mailto: links and can be crawled. Probably should at least make them nothing unless a user is logged in so we don't get spammed.

If you need any help with testing code/database/etc. just let me know.

harbormaster
01-22-2013, 08:36 AM
as i said before all issues should be pmed to me
good suggestion though.willaddress that in the next revision.

Carl C
01-22-2013, 10:52 AM
That registry is WAY out of date. I updated mine and added pics. Look under Chamberlain, Carl to see. :)

katanna
01-22-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm in

Steve

Ed Donnelly
01-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Nice job Carl... Some of the pics look a little funky blury until you click on them.....then.......REALLY nice pics..........................Ed

SanDogDewey
01-22-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm in!

harbormaster
01-22-2013, 11:13 PM
ok put your boats in

Carl C
01-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Thanks Ed.

Scot, could there be some way of cross referencing screen names with real names so that say I want to look at "jl1962's" boat, I would know where to look.

harbormaster
01-23-2013, 08:13 AM
I did it that way because some people like the this. you can email them though.

Just Say N20
01-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Scot, a screen name to real name link would be really nice.

I just tried to look up SanDogDewey’s boat, and when I went to his profile, it only has his name as Patrick, which I couldn’t find in the registry, because I don’t know his last name.

There are actually very few people whose last names I DO know, and I have been on here since 2006.

Bill

Ghost
01-23-2013, 05:25 PM
The flip side on that is people may not want their names out there, except where they choose to share them. Worth considering, I think.

Just Say N20
01-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Mike, I understand. Perhaps it makes more sense to list boats by people’s screen name only. I’d love to see pictures of Maddad’s boat, but I don’t know (and didn’t look, so forgive me if his name actually IS in his profile) his name.

Signed,

Sterling M. Archer :)

harbormaster
01-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Due to privacy reasons, a screen name and real name will not happen. If you want to get their screen name email them. So no more comments on the registry page?

Carl C
01-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Due to privacy reasons, a screen name and real name will not happen. If you want to get their screen name email them. So no more comments on the registry page?

That is understandable, other than through this thread, where is the link to it?

maddad
01-26-2013, 10:57 AM
HM, I'm already on the registry. If I submit new info and pictures will it edit the existing entry or will there now be two for me and my boat? The e-mail addy that appears with the old listing hasn't been used for almost ten years and I'd like to make it all current. Getting the ex's name off there would be a bonus too.
Thanks for everything you do for this place.

SanDogDewey
01-26-2013, 11:44 AM
HM, I'm already on the registry. If I submit new info and pictures will it edit the existing entry or will there now be two for me and my boat? The e-mail addy that appears with the old listing hasn't been used for almost ten years and I'd like to make it all current. Getting the ex's name off there would be a bonus too.
Thanks for everything you do for this place.

My email address was old as well. I changed it under "Settings".

katanna
01-26-2013, 01:13 PM
I cant seem to add pictures. Other than that it was a piece of cake.

maddad
01-26-2013, 02:40 PM
My email address was old as well. I changed it under "Settings".

Hi SDD, my e-mail in the settings is my current one. The one listed with my name and hull number on the registry is from when I first listed the boat there ten or so years ago. That's the one I'd like to change.

John C in PA
01-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Scot, I entered my boat info OK. When I returned to add info, I hit the Edit button. When the screen comes up for some reason the boat name and zip code and blank and have to be re-entered. Also, there is a comma between my first name and last. Thanks for the work.

John C in PA

SanDogDewey
01-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Hi SDD, my e-mail in the settings is my current one. The one listed with my name and hull number on the registry is from when I first listed the boat there ten or so years ago. That's the one I'd like to change.

Weird, when I changed mine in settings, it changed it in the registry. Must be a few more bugs to work out.

maddad
01-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Weird, when I changed mine in settings, it changed it in the registry. Must be a few more bugs to work out.

Maybe I need to try. I haven't actually changed anything since the new registry is on line.

mattyboy
01-27-2013, 09:21 AM
was having a few issues with uploading pics, seemed it was due to using IE on my laptop, tried Chrome and it worked fine not sure could be just the version of IE on my laptop. I have issues with some websites chrome works or doesn't so then i try IE and it does the same so when i visit certain sites i need to pick and choose what browser to use.

thanks HM

donation sent

harbormaster
02-01-2013, 04:52 PM
OK, Those of you that had problems uploading photos. Can you give me more info about the file such as file size etc? You can email them to me if you would like.