PDA

View Full Version : Shelby w/Ilmor @ Barret Jackson

ACE51
01-11-2013, 08:07 AM
...Be interesting to see what this brings, "no reserve"

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=823&aid=466

(no affiliation)

Tidbart
01-11-2013, 08:17 AM
My guess, $52,000. :kingme:

duckhunter
01-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Saw a little bit of the Florida auction last year. There were some cool boats, and it seemed like they were selling for fair to low prices, which surprised me. Some one-off mahogany runabouts and a small Carolina looking CC (maybe a 21 but not a B&D) with a diesel inboard went for short dollars. Cars have been soft as well, other than the usual suspects (C2 Corvettes, documented original muscle cars, etc). The funny thing is, in 10 years when all of my GenX peers are in their late 40s and have disposable income it's going to be IROC Camaros and Buick Grand Nationals bringing huge money.

I'm at $48K on the Ilmor Shelby unless someone comes specifically to buy that boat or gets too liquored up at the auction. What's the over/under on this?

Ghost
01-11-2013, 10:06 AM
I'll go with 61k.

Just Say N20
01-11-2013, 10:44 AM
The funny thing is, in 10 years when all of my GenX peers are in their late 40s and have disposable income

Aren't you the optimistic one!

duckhunter
01-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Aren't you the optimistic one!

Yeah, I probably neglected to adjust my life goals for inflation. Best case I will be doing ok and will have figured out what I want to do when I grow up. Worst case I'll be living in a cabin in Idaho with too many guns.

Carl C
01-11-2013, 11:24 AM
I'd say closer to $75,000.

roadtrip se
01-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Mr X and I both took turns chasing this boat looking for information on it, when it sat at a used car lot up in the northwest. Appearantly, it sat outside on a lift uncovered and was seeing the same level of care at the used car lot. From earlier pics, it wasn't evident that much had been done to prep the boat for the v-10 either. Interesting that it keeps showing up.

Based on what I know about its condition, I would go low $40's, knowing I was going to spend some dough upgrading it. Of course, the pics on the listing look a lot better than the previous ones
I have seen, so maybe somebody actually took the time to clean it up.

dsparis
01-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks R.T. for refreshing my memory. That boat has been for sale for quite awhile. I agree, mid to low 40's.

Ghost
01-11-2013, 11:58 AM
I'll go with 61k.

"No Reserve" is pretty interesting though. SO dependent on who shows up. Going without a reserve on a boat, especially this sort, seems a bit nuts. My guess is there will be at least one friend around, just in case someone tries to buy it for 3k.

I based my 61 on the boat looking like it was perfect. And I was thinking it was an Ilmor from the factory. If not, as has been suggested, then I think anything down to 35 or 40 is possible.

BUIZILLA
01-11-2013, 12:32 PM
at the B-J Circus.. :odie:

anything is possible :checkered: :banghead: :embarasse

maybe it will make the Fantasy Bidders hype up :jester:

olredalert
01-11-2013, 12:56 PM
----In general, the prices at Barrett/Jackson seem high because most of the bidders DONT know what they are looking at. Several years ago I looked at a 66 427, factory AC, 4-speed, triple black, nicely restored, Impala SS convert. It didnt take long to figure out that the car started out life as a 283 powerglide car. I met the guy who pumped out over $70,000 grand (over $80,000 with the buyers premium) for it and he had no idea what it had been new and (wait for it) "didnt care". Just said he would probably sell it again the following year and buy something else........Bill S

Ghost
01-11-2013, 12:58 PM
----In general, the prices at Barrett/Jackson seem high because most of the bidders DONT know what they are looking at. Several years ago I looked at a 66 427, factory AC, 4-speed, triple black, nicely restored, Impala SS convert. It didnt take long to figure out that the car started out life as a 283 powerglide car. I met the guy who pumped out over $70,000 grand for it and he had no idea what it had been new and (wait for it) "didnt care". Just said he would probably sell it again the following year and buy something else........Bill S

LOL, that's awesome! Can you sell houses there?

boomr
01-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Here's a link with a little info:
http://www.nwoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4012

RockyS18
01-11-2013, 10:33 PM
What a good looking boat!

yeller
01-11-2013, 11:50 PM
As mentioned in the Offshoreonly link, that boat was done at Power Boats NorthWest in Seattle WA (now closed). Apperantly, the boat would not handle until a LH prop was put on it. The PBNW owner said it handled awesome, but I have zero faith in what he says....and besides, if it's such a great boat how come it keeps coming up for sale. I'd also be very leary of running that boat without pulling the engine and reinforcing everything. I highly doubt PBNW did any of that....and if they did, I'd still want to redo.
At the time that boat was done their glass guy was an absolute joke. I know because that's where my boat went for the stringer repair. After 20 weeks the boat finally was pulled from PBNW and went elsewhere to get the work done.

All that being said, I say it'll sell for $64,000.....only because people won't know what they are bidding on and will go by the info sheet and how it looks.

BUIZILLA
01-12-2013, 07:30 AM
coming unto that trick reflective lighting stage, the year after Carroll Shelby died, where they will hype the air he breathed (no disrespect), i'm not betting... :hangum:

maybe Ron Pratte will buy it and park it next to his FutureLiner..

roadtrip se
01-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Maybe put the boat behind this on the way across the Barrett stage. At least the old man had something to do with the Mustang development....

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/10/speed-to-give-away-hi-po-2013-shelby-gt500-during-barrett/

rock hard
01-15-2013, 10:51 PM
As mentioned in the Offshoreonly link, that boat was done at Power Boats NorthWest in Seattle WA (now closed). Apperantly, the boat would not handle until a LH prop was put on it. The PBNW owner said it handled awesome, but I have zero faith in what he says....and besides, if it's such a great boat how come it keeps coming up for sale. I'd also be very leary of running that boat without pulling the engine and reinforcing everything. I highly doubt PBNW did any of that....and if they did, I'd still want to redo.
At the time that boat was done their glass guy was an absolute joke. I know because that's where my boat went for the stringer repair. After 20 weeks the boat finally was pulled from PBNW and went elsewhere to get the work done.

All that being said, I say it'll sell for $64,000.....only because people won't know what they are bidding on and will go by the info sheet and how it looks.

Pbnw closed, Donzi closed, Almost everyone in the marine business is closed. I'd rather not do a job then do it poorly. I see in previous posts you weren't happy with the repair. I am glad we didn't fix the boat or sell you the boat. This boat was rigged with help from absolute speed and marine. Look them up, They are still in business in lake Havasu. The boat handled better at 100 then it did at 70mph from the factory. The left hand prop was to counter the torque of the motor. If you look at single engine race boats most of them run left handers. We were one of the top 5 Donzi dealers in the country. We also had the first 38 with Ilmore power. If I had the same issue you had with a new boat I would have sent it back to the dealer you got it from and got a new Donzi. I have purchased a few boats back from customers to make them happy and in the long run they came back and bought more boats. I am sorry you were unhappy with PBNW But i neither built your boat or sold it to you. If I would have things would have ended up better for you. Who did you buy your boat from? Did they take care of you? did you take it to them? I hope all is well with your boat and you are enjoying every minute behind the wheel. Take care

ACE51
01-17-2013, 08:25 PM
did anybody see the boat go through tonight yet? It has a early run number but shows "available" meaning it did not sell first time through. Wish Barret Jackson had a way to tell when reruns were coming through. what a circus.

duckhunter
01-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Just went across the block at $49k. Well bought even if it needs a little love.

ETA - so what do I win for being the closest?

smidgen too
01-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Mike Joy needs to stick to cars. This Donzi had a Ilmor V 10 his comment about it,, Why don't they use these engines more in boats. I believe he was thinking that this was a one of engine for this Shelby Donzi.:eek: He seemed more interested with the girl in the boat.:boggled:

ACE51
01-18-2013, 09:42 AM
http://www.barrettjackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=823&aid=466

$51,700 with buyers fees

Carl C
01-18-2013, 10:12 AM
They got a heck of a deal even if the boat does need some upgrades.

Tidbart
01-18-2013, 10:24 AM
http://www.barrettjackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=823&aid=466

$51,700 with buyers fees

>>>>>>>>>>> :d

roadtrip se
01-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Plan on another $10K+ to make it safe and capable of holding together. I sincerely hope whomever the the buyer is, realizes this... or we're likely to see this thing for sale yet again shortly...

ACE51
09-25-2013, 08:24 AM
Her she is again:

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-Donzi-Classic-22%27-Shelby-GT-369600

Just Say N20
09-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Interesting saga following this boat around.

Hopefully someone who knows what should be done ends up with this boat and makes it right.

RickSE
09-26-2013, 02:58 PM
I knew it wouldn't take long for it to pop back up, especially since it was purchased at an auction. I'm surprised though that they seem to be asking a reasonable price.

Carl C
09-26-2013, 04:39 PM
So what's wrong with it? Could the drive be slightly off center? I would go back to standard prop rotation and check drive center-line. Once the apparent handling issues are fixed then reinforce the hull if that hasn't been done yet.