PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Lights

harbormaster
01-10-2013, 05:53 AM
The thing I like most about Christmas is all the Christmas lights. The downer about it being over is that they all get taken down.
I would leave them up all year if I could.

The trick would be selectable colors in the light string. After christmas you could do all the colors for Mardi Gras. Then all green for St. Pattys day, then there is Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, etc..

Carl C
01-10-2013, 06:25 AM
Seeing as how they are up for 2 months out of each year, upscale houses should come with built in LED Christmas lights!

Offset
01-10-2013, 07:25 AM
Harbourmaster that is a really interesting idea. I would think with todays technology it would be possible to do that.

Get that one patented in a hurry. Sell your shares in the ladder company though.

Hope you are doing well. :thumbsup:

VetteLT193
01-10-2013, 11:20 AM
It would be cool to be able to change them and have them mounted properly and nicely done year round.

A builder in my parts started putting outlets in the soffits outside his homes that are on switches to make Christmas lights easier to install and use.

Ed Donnelly
01-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Christmas lights were already strung on the eaves when I moved in 1994..
Finally changed them out for colour changing icycles. These will be up long after I am gone...Ed

Marlin275
01-10-2013, 06:13 PM
With the old school big bulb kind you could buy any colored bulb down at the hardware store to replace them.

Phil S
01-14-2013, 11:08 PM
...if you are going to all the trouble of taking them down at all, I find that Easter Weekend works well ! ;)

Phil