PDA

View Full Version : "Benchseat 18" Deck Mold Offer

silverghost
01-01-2013, 02:39 PM
My "benchseat 18" deck is now almost ready to be re-installed on her hull after the engine & drive has been rigged in the next few months.

Since I first posted about this project many here over the years have urged me to have a new custom deck mold pulled off of it's small Gentleman's Racer style custom deck & cockpit tub for any possible future Donzi benchseat 18 builds.

If anyone now wishes to pull-off a custom Deck & cockpit tub mold to build their own Gentleman's racer benchseat 18 "Classic" project~~~now is the only time to do so.
I would be willing to loan the now completed, & faired, deck to anyone who might wish to have a new custom benchseat 18 deck & cockpit tub mold built at a local well established New Jersey/Philly area boat builder/restorer at your cost to build the new custom mold~~ar least for a month or two.
The mold would be yours to keep.
From that point on you might then easily build your own Benchseat 18 Gentleman's Racer/s .

Once I finally marry the now completed deck back onto it's yellow hull the chance to pull-off a new custom deck & tub benchseat 18 mold will be long gone.
Strike now~while the iron is now hot !

Offer will expire on 3/1/2013 as my project will then be going back together for the eventual project completion in May 2013 if all goes well !

Note:
The new Gentleman's Racer cockpit now measures 35 1/2 inches fore & aft from the dashboard's face to the fiberglass benchseat's back without seat cushons in place.
This is not a benchseat style Hornet, but instead a benchseat Gentleman's Racer style custom build conversion made to an original 1972 Donzi "Classic 18" 2+3 decked hull.
It's believed to be the only benchseat Gentleman's Racer boat of it's kind.
There is also however another X-18 deck style benchseat boat out there that was/is being custom built by Lenny in Vancouver B.C. Canada; as well as a benchseat Donzi 22 now being built by a forum member Stan at this time.

Morgan's Cloud
01-01-2013, 04:16 PM
In five , four , three , two ... one

ok , hope the stab at fun there didn't go over anyone .. :kingme:

Kind offer nonetheless . If a mold was ever made I'm sure that it would be in some demand .

Christian
01-01-2013, 06:52 PM
I may be interested. Please call me or e mail with details. I am from South Jersey and would be willing to listen to ideaas as well as give some input..

Christian

silverghost
01-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Hi Christian~
As I remember you said you actually inspected this long abandoned Sommers Point NJ Donzi Benchseat 18 project in person around the very same time, or slightly before, I was in fact negotiating to actually buy it in the late summer 2009..
You also seemed at that time to know this project very well !
I believe you thought the project was really very cool, and interesting, in spite of it's then very poor condition; and actually thought about buying the benchseat 18 project yourself ~~~but I believe ou said you had other projects on your plate at that time.

Re: Who might be able to make the molds?~

I believe I have at least one fairly local boat builder in mind who might be willing to make a deck & cockpit tub mold of this unique project . He & I have already talked about this.
In fact he may in fact want the first deck & cockpit tub out of that proposed new benchseat mold for himself as well .

Since you are in the general Philly/South Jersey ( I am in Ocean City NJ, & Philly suburbs) area, and know much more of the local boatbuilding community in our areas perhapps you also have someone in mind who may be able, & willing, to pop-off some deck & cockpit tub molds.

If you are really seriously interested in a deck & tub mold project we should indeed talk about this idea very soon .

I am open to any, & all, reasonable suggestions.

BRAD~ 215 947 4676

silverghost
01-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Well it appears that there is really no real serious interest in this benchseat deck mold offer.

That's OK ~

But~
If I do not hear from anyone else by this Thursday evening the now faired & primed deck will be getting it's final paint job finish top coat next week.

mattyboy
01-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Well it appears that there is really no real serious interest in this benchseat deck mold offer.

That's OK ~

But~
If I do not hear from anyone else by this Thursday evening the now faired & primed deck will be getting it's final paint job finish top coat next week.

~~really no real serious interest~~ really ???? did you personally contact the people who over the years have been urging you to make a mold??? and they have no interest ? where they pulling your leg

hard to believe that there is real want for a benchseat 18

well finish it then post some pics so they can see what they are missing

that'll show em !!

dsparis
01-09-2013, 10:32 AM
~ Like ~Mattyboy~ I~ cannot~ believe~ no ~one ~ jumped ~on ~this~chance~of~a~lifetime~

silverghost
01-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Lenny has been building his fantastic "Lenco" custom benchseat X-18 up in VBC Canada .

And Stan is now building a great custom benchseat Donzi 22 racer.

Rustnrot & his buddy built a mahogany decked benchseat speedster version deck on a Donzi 16 hull.

And Scott Pearson was once very interested in buying my unfinished benchseat 18 project.

Also Christian had some mold build interest and posted a peply ~but never called me back.

So there ARE some folks interested in this Gentleman's Racer style of retro look custom build speedboat.

VetteLT193
01-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Can you post pics? When I first read this I figured I had missed the thread about the build. I'd like to see pics for sure as it sounds cool.

silverghost
01-09-2013, 04:23 PM
FYI~
BlownCrewCab was the very first to suggest the new deck mold idea during my very first forum 2009 post .

Later the late Grizz (Randy) & Lenny also later commented with the very same mold build thoughts.

Scott Pearson was indeed very interested in buying the project for what I originally had paid for it.~~~But I later had second thoughts, just after Dad's passing away, and decided to resume the project in his honor.

The initial benchseat 18 project as found & bought photos can actually be found with this forum's search function above under "early classic 18 race boat found" first posted my me in late summer 2009.

glashole
01-09-2013, 04:27 PM
brad

it would be cool to see some pics

Shea

mattyboy
01-09-2013, 04:44 PM
yes it would be cool to see current progress pics of this very unique 18 benchseat

dsparis
01-09-2013, 04:47 PM
~I too would like to see some recent photos~

v-drive
01-10-2013, 04:02 AM
I'd like to see a pics of the v8-60.

woobs
01-10-2013, 07:09 AM
I too have been interested in a "gentlemans Racer" (benchseat) boat project. But mine will have mahogany decks...and probably be a 22.

so if someone is splashing 22 hulls I'd be interested....

However, internet personality clashes aside....I'd love to see some pics of your benchseat as well as pictures of everybody's project (or pride & joy) for that matter. Pics are great !

mattyboy
01-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Woobs
did you see that 22 in ct. Might be a good start

woobs
01-11-2013, 11:30 AM
74334Did you mean the blackhawk hull & deck in MD,
...or the mystery 24 (now thought to be a Martini/Corsa) listed on CL as a 24 Classic?

mattyboy
01-11-2013, 12:52 PM
no woobs it was a red and white late 1980's 22 in CT for auction was fairly cheap when i saw it last a week ago or so