PDA

View Full Version : Boarding a 22' Classic

Pat McPherson
12-27-2012, 08:05 PM
I added a swim platform to my old 24' Pantera, my old 24' Superboat, and my last boat a Velocity 280 had one when I bought it. I don't want to add a swim platform to my Donzi as I believe it will hurt the classic look.

So how do the wife and kids get back in the boat from the water easily? I have no issue with climbing up the drive but that's not going to work for my wife or 6 year old.

I've looked at a dive latter that quick mount to a bracket on the transom but thought I'd ask the crew here...

Help with options please.

RockyS18
12-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Lakeside Restorations sells a ladder that easily goes over the side of the boat, and if I recall correctly it is somewhat collapsable. I looked into buying it originally but I'm fine just climbing up the drive.

Ghost
12-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Most ladders I've seen move around more than I like. The small, cast Perko steps strike me as perhaps a decent option, depending on what you've got back there for space. Could imagine one or two of those that were below the waterline which nobody would even see most of the time.

Carl C
12-28-2012, 07:57 AM
A generic over gunwale ladder can be modified to work by spreading open the upper part. To stow it you'd need to put it up and over the front storage bin against the side of the hull. I used to swear by this boarding method but have since joined the "climb the drive" crowd. The ladder can be made to work great, especially for light people!

VetteLT193
12-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Check out hornet marine's web site... poke around and you'll see pictures of a pull out transom ladder. I think that's what I'd add if I needed to.