PDA

View Full Version : 1968 donzi 16

68 sixteen
12-23-2012, 02:06 PM
What's goin on guys.. It's been about 4 years since I've been on this website hehe. Well anyways... The last time I had my boat in the water was 2008. Unfortunately during the end of the season I took it out for a run without closing the flush port I made and more air got into the motor and it overheated. The exhaust hose burnt right through but when I hauled it out I ran it through the flush kit and everything sounded fine... Right now I just pulled the boat out of storage and it is currently sitting in my driveway. It's basically a bored out 350 chevy setup with a Volvo 270 out drive with Bennett performance trim tabs. I'm looking to re paint it, throw a bravo drive on, and throw a nice set of headers on.... The money is almost there. I live in the tri state Long Island sound area, any body know any good places to get a nice affordable paint job? And I'm gonna need some info on the bravo drive. Someone was telling me they make an adapter to go to a Volvo bell housing to a bravo drive. For now im going to charge the battery change the oil and check the compression. I would highly appreciate a response according to the people I used to blog with on here 4 years ago . All you donzi veterans are the best. Looking forward to get my boat on the Long Island sound/lake george this summer and do a couple runs with you guys!

Thanks and have a merry Christmas ,

Erik Killen
New Rochelle, NY

joseph m. hahnl
12-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Usually you change to a Bravo, from an Alpha only because the Alpha can break as you throw more power into it. Where as a the Volvo 270 is rock solid :propeller:

maddad
12-23-2012, 08:49 PM
The adapter for volvo to bravo is more of a metal plate that covers the bigger volvo cutout in the transom, and has the merc cutout in it. I'm not sure how they would stand up to a higher powered set up, vs closing up the hole and cutting for a merc.

biggiefl
12-27-2012, 12:57 PM
If you are going to paint her anyway, do it right and fill. Probably cheaper as well.