PDA

View Full Version : Recoring/Refinishing Materials

ss04vv
12-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Looking deeper and deeper into recoring my deck - Just curious as to what materials you guys are using for:

1.) Recoring material - Balsa, synthetic, Airex, etc. - What are you using and where did you buy it...cost??
2.) Fibreglass material - Going to take alot of material to do a full recore - What did you use, and where did you buy it.
3.) Adhesive - I'm assuming something is used to adhere the new coring material to the top side of the deck
4.) Filler Material - For filling in all those nasty screw holes that have accumulated over the years
5.) Paint vs. Gelcoat - What did you use, where did you buy it, and how did you apply it?

gcarter
12-04-2012, 04:52 PM
I would think your questions are a bit too encompassing..................and the responses would be all over the place w/nothing to gain.
Why not start five different questions/threads and the info might be a bit more useful.

OFFSHORE GINGER
12-04-2012, 05:02 PM
I, agree taking one step at a time .

OFFSHORE GINGER
12-04-2012, 06:05 PM
ssO4vv , to get the ball rolling ,have you given much thought at this time on what Resin you might want to use Poly , Vinyl , or Epoxy because in the long your choice of resin plays a big factor on what type of fabric you should use in the future ,and please take note Epoxy will stick to Poly or Vinvl just not the other way around or in other words once you start using Epoxy there is no turning back.................... using Poly or Vinyl as mentioned.