PDA

View Full Version : Rayco Manufacturing Company

Bobby D
11-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Anyone familiar with Rayco Manufacturing Company located at 6060 28th East Brandon Florida? My fuel tank has a Rayco manufacturing tag so I looked them up and here is what I found;

For nearly a quarter of a century, Rayco has been in business fabricating custom, reproduction and replacement aluminum marine fuel tanks built to U.S. Coast Guard specifications. Owner Jeffrey Reynolds can fabricate any size or shape fuel tank for your custom boat or restored classic boat. I also found additional information that looks like they may do work for antiques and classic wood boats.

The previous owner worked for Christ Craft and may have been doing business with them at the time. He restored the boat back in 2001 and knew how to find and procure parts and also hire labor to do the work. From what I can see it looks to be a quality 40 gallon tank that was installed correctly about 12 years ago when the deck was removed. Would like to hear from anyone who has a Rayco tank?

biggiefl
11-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Being many boats are made in Sarasota, Rayco are pretty common tanks. Not much to say as it is a gas tank and gas tanks just hold fuel.

joseph m. hahnl
11-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Being many boats are made in Sarasota, Rayco are pretty common tanks. Not much to say as it is a gas tank and gas tanks just hold fuel.

OR Not! :tooth:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55828&d=1273416054 (http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55828&d=1273416054)

Nmbr1GMfan
11-25-2012, 10:44 PM
http://www.raycotanks.com/
Rayco is actually in Bradenton and has been forever, just down the street from the old Donzi plant.

72Hornet
11-26-2012, 07:06 AM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]
Jeff has done three tanks for me in the last three years and another three for my mechanic. All were done in a very timely manner and to great specifications. I had a crack in one on the Chris Craft Continental, and the 66 Coronado was full of crud from sitting twenty years in storage as was the 68 Resorter that sat in storage since 1987. New tanks meant no fuel problems when I got them running again. I have never had any luck with gettting dirty tanks cleaned. So I am a firm believer in just having them built new. Kudos to Jeff at Rayco!

Bobby D
11-26-2012, 07:57 AM
72Hornet /Nmber1GMfan,

Thanks for answering my question, I have been all over my boat and have a good understanding of the condition of everything except the fuel tank because I cant see very much of it. The previous owner is a great guy who restored the boat with quality for the long haul however due to circumstances beyond his control decided to sell the boat. It makes sense why he used them, he’s a local guy who has been in business forever and is known for quality. Sounds like this Donzi will not need its fuel tank replaced any time soon.

If I ever replace a tank and go to that much work I will follow what Kirby and others have done before and start with the best tank I can find from a vendor who makes a quality product that will give me years of safe and reliable service.

Bobby D