PDA

View Full Version : i would like to set the record straight

thatgirl
11-17-2012, 09:32 AM
A few weeks back I received a pm from bertsboats telling me that he had a shifter that I was looking for to restore my 18 classic. I had seen Scott's shifter listed the week before and tiyed to buy it from him but couldn't seem to hook up with him. I then saw it listed on ebay and lost it to another member from our club. Hence the shifter already sold before bertsboats contacted me. He in no way shape or form was stepping on anyone. When we finally connected, he was more interested in talking to me about a fino boat that I owned and bought from the owner of fino boats Mr. Bobby Rapapour back in the mid to late 80s. We had a wounderful and quite an exstenive phone conversation about finos and the who's who of previous ownership. I cannot express enough how I enjoyed our talk. At the end of the conversation I asked him to send pics of the shifter which he did and I then sent him an email asking how much he wanted for it. He then replied to me telling me if I could use it he would send it to me FREE and only asked that if it didn't work for me to send it back. He even paid all the shipping cost. I was blown away when I received it and quickly realized there are still some great people left in our deteriorating world we now live in. In my opinion, this site and all its members should be honored to have a man like him being a part of it. HE IS A STONE COLD GENTELMEN AND I LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING HIM IN PERSON WHEN HE COMES TO SOUTH FLA.
THANK YOU
ANTHONY GALGANO
A.K.A. THAT GIRL

dsparis
11-17-2012, 09:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0 Great post

Offset
11-17-2012, 09:56 AM
I agree that is a great post. It clears the air concerning a previous post that I thought there had to be more to the situation. I guess there was.

That bertsboat is a generous man and I appreciate you telling us as Paul Harvey would say, the "rest of the story".:thumbsup: