PDA

View Full Version : Donzi' at tavares fl show march 18-24 please rsvp

bertsboat
11-16-2012, 12:32 PM
OK, I have arranged for a Donzi section in the Mt Dora/Tavares boat show this year. The dates are as follows.
Classic Race boat Regatta
March 19-17, 2013
Wooten Park , Lake Dora, Tavares FL
http://www.classicraceboatassoc.com/ (http://www.classicraceboatassoc.com/)

Sunnyland Boat show
March 18-24, 2013
Wooten Park, Lake Dora, Tavares FL
http://www.acbs-sunnyland.org/ (http://www.acbs-sunnyland.org/)

The Sunnyland show is where all the Donzi’s will be in a section of dock
Displayed side by side.
I had my Baby there last year and I was really surprised how it was received.
Best part about the show and the location is that you can take your boat out all day during the show.
Some shows ask that you stay at the dock the whole time so that people can admire. I was taking everyone that
expressed an interest out for a blast and it was really fun and I met lots of new friends, some from here at Donzi.net.

So lets have a count so I can let Terry Fiest know how many slips he has to set aside. He is the person in charge of the whole show and he is really excited to have the Donzi group there this tear.

If you have never boated on Lake Dora it is a really scenic place with lots of rooms and great fun close by.
Best place to stay is The Mission INN. It is about 5 miles away in Howie in the Hills. The rate is about $120.00 per night.
They have a great Golf coarse and great Pool and Jacuzzi in case you bring the kids and the Wife.
The food there is great and reasonable and open late. They also have pool tables and a card room not to mention a few great
Bars.
Mention ACBS for a good rate and visit their web site at www.missioninnresort.com

BUIZILLA
11-16-2012, 01:35 PM
i'm in :worthy:

biggiefl
11-16-2012, 01:45 PM
How old does your boat have to be and what does it cost to keep it at the dock, etc? Wife's B-Day as well.

gcarter
11-16-2012, 02:34 PM
I'd love to be part of it.

Apparently, the age restriction is being waived? That's good news.
I met Bert at the last show, and Woodie owners loved his 14.

donzijim22
11-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Count me in.

72Hornet
12-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Its a great show with not only woodies, but classic glass. There is something for everyone! That is how I met Bert last year. First boat on the dock was his Donzi Baby. I pull a boat down from Iowa every year for the river trip on the St. Johns preceding the show and then pull over from Sandford to Mt Dora. Fun time!

Budmann
01-05-2013, 07:44 AM
We're in!

FASTEDDIE
01-07-2013, 01:59 AM
:wavey:Lady Augusta and Fasteddie from Lake George will be there. Hope to see some old friends. We are staying at the Hampton in at Tavares.Cell 518-744-4488.

bertsboat
01-07-2013, 10:53 AM
OK, Talked to Terry Fiest about Donzi at the show. There are a few rules. If you have questions you can either contact me or Terry.
You have to be a member of ACBS Sunnyland chapter. You can do that if you are not a member already at
www.acbs-Sunnyland.org
I hope the next requirement doesn't offend any one. The Donzi has to be of the classic style. You know what classic style is. The 16, 18, 19 old school look. If you have a question send a picture to Terry. You can send it to me but it is not my call so don't get upset at me please.
2013 SUNNYLAND BOAT SHOW ON LINE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS AND FORM Welcome to the Sunnyland Antique Boat Festival on-line registration page. We have gone to great lengths to make the registration process as easy and straightforward as possible. We suggest printing a copy of these instructions so you will have them handy to fill in the required fields on the registration form. A few key points to smooth the process:

Once you have read through the instructions, click on the button at the end to go to the on line registration form
There is one form for all participants, including vendors.
All registrants, including vendors, must complete the Registrant Information section.
Only boats meeting the ACBS criteria will be allowed (see “eligible” below)
Only one water display per registrant will be allowed

All Registrant Information

If you register as an ACBS member or as a non-member the following rules apply:

The price of registration is for up to two adults (the registrant and one first mate). Each additional crew member beyond that costs $10. Children under 18 are free but must be registered as additional crew to receive an entry badge.
Each registration includes the option of one boat display, either on land or in the water. A water display requires that the registrant is a member of ACBS and your ACBS number will be required.
A Boat For Sale on land or an additional land display are an extra charge. Only one water display per registrant and it may not display a For Sale sign.
For each boat registered, please upload an image in jpg or png format. Image files should be less than 1.5 MB in size. You can do this on the registration form. Pictures are REQUIRED. If you don't have an electronic version of your boat picture, mail us a photo to the address on the registration form and we'll convert it for you. Registrations are not complete until a recent picture of each boat is received.

Eligible Boats
This is an ACBS show. Boats must fall under one of the following ACBS classifications:

Historic – A boat built up to and including 1919
Antique: A boat built between 1920 and 1943 inclusive
Classic: A boat built between 1921 and 1976 inclusive
Early Contemporary: A wooden boat built 1977 to 1988
Late Contemporary: A wooden boat built within the last 25 year

seabuddy
01-09-2013, 09:49 AM
sounds like somthing to put on any classic boater's calendar. Great event. Having a classic Donzi section at the docks is great news. For those that have not attended this show... it is great. Huge separate Boats for sale section, too, besides classics on land and in the water.

BUIZILLA
01-31-2013, 09:27 AM
Bert... where does my 16 OB fit in the ELIGIBILITY chart, if it's a 1996?

also, there are a couple other 22's and maybe my just sold Criterion that want to attend dockside, but they are all built after 1976 as well...

thanx

biggiefl
01-31-2013, 09:32 AM
I could bring my 1976 19' Boston Whaler Revenge...rare boat(4 sale).

seabuddy
02-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Check with ASBC about a 1976.

seabuddy
02-09-2013, 06:54 AM
ACBS rules say about years that are legal for judging. It is up to a given show what years are invited to display without judging.

seabuddy
02-09-2013, 06:56 AM
I am going to this event. I need to fly down, so no boat. I would love a ride in a 14 and a 61 Donzi!

bertsboat
02-09-2013, 07:46 AM
If your Donzi looks like a classic (IE: no late model looking boats) then fill out your entry form at the site mentioned and send a picture. They will likely OK. They would like only the classic models. No big boats. I am sure you know what I mean. THIS IS NOT A JUDGED SHOW. They hand out a few awards but not based on a points system. The show goers vote and the sponsers vote on their favorites. looking for 16,18 and 19 foot classic style boats.
The Baby will be there and I am sure a ride can be arranged, just ask.
See you there!!
PS: If you are haveing trouble let me know and I will see what I can do but please, only classic style boats.

seabuddy
02-09-2013, 01:24 PM
14 and 16 donzi

biggiefl
02-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Looks liike 16-18's and obviously 19-21's as well. My question from the start is my 1994 22 classic? We are talking $80-100 in fuel if not more and I won't risk it w/o knowing first. I can however bring my 1976 Whaler that is for sale....please advise.74570

seabuddy
02-18-2013, 03:23 PM
I am throwing my name into "I want a ride" hat on your red Baby Donzi. Chris Brown. 518-281-0045 cell.

bertsboat
02-19-2013, 12:49 PM
A ride is a given. See you there. I left my cell number on your answering machine so you can call me at the show.
See you there.
Anybody else coming??
Mount Dora Antique Boat Festival 2013 :
Mount Dora, March 22 - 24, 2013

Mount Dora Antique Boat Festival 2013 - Also now officially known as Sunnyland's Antique & Classic Boat show, this show brings people from far and wide who share the common love for antique boats. The area near the lake takes up a carnival look with live music and catered lunch and dinner. Picnics are also in list of activities this year as is various kinds of contests and shows. One unique highlight is the parade of fantastic amphibious cars followed by a launch of these amazing vehicles into the water via the boat ramp.

Mount Dora Antique Boat Festival 2013
Wooton Park
Lake Dora
Ruby Street, Tavares
Florida

seabuddy
02-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Got it. I'll call you on Wednesday.

seabuddy
02-19-2013, 02:59 PM
OK, we are roughly a month out from this show. Are you and your Donzi going, or not?

This show is outstanding.

There are several elements of this show. One needs to plan this full event out to best enjoy the experience that best fits you, or knick yourself for missing something that was important to you.

here is a link to some basic info... http://acbs-sunnyland.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=29&Itemid=26