PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to everyone Who has subscribed! An Update..

harbormaster
10-24-2012, 04:28 PM
I want to take a moment to thank those of you out there who have paid your 25 bucks and subscribed to this site. The past 1 1/2 years have been one helluva Health adventure for me. Here lately things have gotten a bit more complicated with all the blood transfusions, medical procedures and hospital stays I am enduring. Because of this my hours at the office a getting fewer which makes money kinda short. The subscriptions to the site help me out alot.

I am currently waiting on MD Anderson to find me a matched Donor for a Stem Cell Transplant. The transplant will cost approximately 760,000 dollars. I am fortunate that I have really good health insurance. If not I would be totally screwed. This will involve a month long hospital stay and and an additional 11 months getting healthy again.

My Oncologist said I will be starting a new Chemotherapy which will involve a 3 day hospital stay each time. They say its really going to kick my ass. Oh well, Break out the Marijuana pills. (I actually have a prescription for this).

I sold the Donzi because it was just too much work because I get tired easy and also have to stay out of the sun. I have been using the crap out of my AK47 Pistols. This has been an awesome stress reliever after a bad day at the cancer center. I pretend the target is my oncology report. This damn thing wears me out. The ammo is really cheap too. Even better!! I have attached a photo of the twins.

I don't really feel bad, just tired most of the time. I appreciate the support of each and everyone of you and I am not planning on going anywhere anytime soon. Cheers, Scot the harbormaster

bertsboat
10-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Scot,

I hope you have more good days than bad. I hope you get a chance to look up at the sky on those good days too. Remember when your looking up someone is looking back.
How do I go about paying my fair share?
Bert

Tidbart
10-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Keep up the fight Scot. I am rooting for you.:superman::thewave::salute:

Bob

bobwpe
10-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Hi Scot,
It is great to hear from you, thanks for the update.
I can't begin to imagine how difficult this journey is for you but I have the utmost admiration for your strength and determination in fighting this battle which you will surely win. You are to be congratulated for meeting and defeating the many challenges you have overcome and I am confident that your fortitude will get you through those that lie ahead.
It is a testament to your character that you have been willing and able to generously maintain this site for so many to enjoy during this difficult time.

Could you please provide a link for donations? I am sure that many here would like to help.

Wishing the best of success for you in the coming months.

Bob

f_inscreenname
10-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Good luck to you Scott. Be positive, be strong and when you cant do it on you own we are here.

Rob M
10-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Scot,

You've got the right positive attitude - take it one day at a time. All the best.

Rob

mattyboy
10-25-2012, 06:31 AM
all our best wishes

Matty and Marie

Just Say N20
10-25-2012, 07:05 AM
Scot,

Thanks for the update. I will begin anew, with renewed vigor, praying for you. You will get through this.

Very cool looking guns by the way.

Bill

Team Jefe
10-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Geez, you're such a woosie:smash:.....The Mary Jane Pills sound kinds fun though....we should do dinner :pimp::kingme::pimp:

(for those who don't know, and since we live in an easily offended world these days...Scotty and I are the best of firends and we express that friendship in evil, totally messing with each other ways....Cancer Boy is in my prayers every night:angel:...but don't tell him that)

Jraysray
10-25-2012, 04:59 PM
How do we subscribe? I need to re-up...

scippy
10-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Scot.......Your a fighter and a winner!

Lively-one
10-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Scot, you are an inspiration to all of us...keep up the good fight. I'll be dropping by the shop soon to drop off subscription fee...and to pick up a marijuana pill!

The twins look like fun!

donzidon
10-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Scot -
Hope you are not too uncomfortable.
You are lucky to be at MD Anderson. No better hospital in the world.
We are all pulling for you.
Hang in there.
- Don

Carl C
10-28-2012, 05:37 AM
You got dealt a tough card. I wish you the best. I like your twins; Ya gotta love Texas.

SanDogDewey
10-30-2012, 10:59 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you through your challenges.

Would like to support the site, but I don't see any info on being a paid subscriber.

katanna
10-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Patrick,

look under settings at the top of the page next to profile. When the page comes up on the left you will see it under my account about half way down on the side bar.

Steve

SanDogDewey
10-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks Steve,

Payment sent. I figure you guys have already saved me $25 on information alone.

Lively-one
10-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Scot, I tried to make it by the shop the other day when I was in your neck of the hood but the day got away from me. Thanks to Steve, I sent a donation via his instructions above. Stay well bud.

OFFSHORE GINGER
11-01-2012, 04:55 PM
God speed on a fast and quick recovery , and the pleasure has been mine . ( Donation )

tylogans 22
11-08-2012, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE

Keep up the fight- your Donzi brothers and sisters are praying for you. (donation sent)

jl1962
11-09-2012, 08:03 AM
I just re-upped.

Best wishes for a continued recovery and huge thanks and appreciation for keeping this site open and running a tight ship!

Craig S
11-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Re-subscribed. Thanks Scot.

harbormaster
11-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks everyone!

Offset
11-09-2012, 12:09 PM
I do not have nor want a PayPal account. I do not see an option to mail the funds. Can someone provide some direction so I can send a money order (address and made out to whom). Thanks in advance for the help.

Scot best of luck with your health issues. Never give up. :thumbsup:

Ghost
11-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Scot, we're thinking about you.

Greg Guimond
12-01-2012, 05:31 PM
If you want to send a donation for this site to Harbormaster here is the info

Scot Vanalstine
c/o Victory Marine
5311 FM 646 East
Dickinson, Texas 77539

Hope it was ok to post up the specifics and if you enjoy reading the site but don't post throw $25 at Scot !

SanDogDewey
12-01-2012, 06:05 PM
When does my status get updated to "Paid Subscriber" so I'm not considered lowly lurker?

Greg Guimond
12-01-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure if that just happens automatically when you send the donation or if the owner has to go in and do it.

gcarter
12-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Patrick, at one time you could edit that yourself, such as, in your case: "Left Coast Member".

Seems to be locked now.

Ghost
12-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Looks like I can still edit mine.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile