PDA

View Full Version : 1996 22 Classic

dclassic
10-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Due to an intolerable work schedule I have had no time to play with our Donzi for the past year or 2 and I am at the point where I have decided to sell it so that someone can have some fun with it. I hate to part with it just as the previous owner debated for months before he decided to sell it to me. Although I think part of his hesitation was to ensure I would care for it just as well as he did :-).

What we have here is a near perfect 1996 22 Classic in the less common white with teal sides and stripe color combination. It has the very nice stainless windshield, the later style cockpit with the pedestal seats, and what seems to be the preferred stringer placement. It has a very healthy and reliable carbureted 454 Magnum with all the forged and roller internals / Bravo 1 package. It also has Stainless Marine exhaust and Edelbrock valve covers and air cleaner with K&N element. It handles great and you just drive it with trim and throttle. No need for the tabs. New Optima AGM battery, new water pump (changed every year). A collection of 4 props and assorted other goodies that came with it will be included. The previous owner said it did 71-72 GPS, but I have not clocked it myself. It sits on a matching teal Vanguard tandem axle trailer with surge brakes, alloy wheels and new bunks. I am just as OCD if not worse than the previous owner and the boat is exceptionally clean and needs nothing.

Those that have been around this group for a while will recall the boat. It is know as the Tomahawk from the previous owner who purchased it new. The previous owner had it at many Donzi events and in the 7 years we have had it we have only made it to Eufala once and the Chattanooga gorge run once and have only managed to put about 40 hours on it. (My work schedule does suck) The digital display on the hour meter is not very reliable but I believe it has about 250 hours in it. It is stored in a garage under 3 covers when not used and always has premium fuel treated with both the blue and red Stabil fuel treatment. It has been very well cared for and has all Amsoil lubricants and maintenance up to date. It is currently stored in a garage in Gainesville, GA. This is the Donzi for the person who wants a near perfect turn key 22 that needs nothing. There are less expensive ones out there, but I don’t think you will find one as nice for anywhere near the price of $24,000. Please contact Jason at jasonpowenski@hotmail.com or 404-754-0330 with questions.

Pat McPherson
10-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Thank you for the e-mail. Not the color me or I'd be knocking on your door.:cool: