PDA

View Full Version : It's getting cold out there!!!

Capevettes
10-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Took my usual sunrise cruise around the lake this morning in my 18 foot classic. Temps were around 40 degrees. I had my gloves and winter coat on. It looks like maybe one more week and I will pull the boat and winterize it. I'm sure going to miss it.

How many of you guys are still out there in the Northeast or anywhere else in the cold weather climates?

gcarter
10-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Still nearly 90* here.............

mattyboy
10-17-2012, 08:43 AM
We have seen a few nights in the low 20s here during the day much warmer weekend is supposed to be nice in the 60s but I have football tickets for the next few weekends. So she gets laid up this weekend

jl1962
10-17-2012, 09:23 AM
24 degrees last Saturday up in Saratoga.

Too cold for the Donzi - now winterized.

Too cold for the Thistle too (see message written in frost), but went sailing anyway.

Still 8 weeks of Laser frostbiting, then time for the fireplace!

olredalert
10-17-2012, 09:29 AM
----Just went on the weather channel here in Deeeetroit and, believe it or not, its going to be 72 today. Both boats are out and wintered though. Oh well!........Bill S

SanDogDewey
10-17-2012, 10:00 AM
89 here today. Should reach a low of 72 this week. Trying to establish a new lawn and its tough to keep it watered.

Ed Donnelly
10-17-2012, 03:52 PM
" It's getting cold out there!!!
Took my usual sunrise cruise around the lake this morning in my 18 foot classic. Temps were around 40 degrees. I had my gloves and winter coat on. It looks like maybe one more week and I will pull the boat and winterize it. I'm sure going to miss it.

How many of you guys are still out there in the Northeast or anywhere else in the cold weather climates? "

I bet the car hasn't been put away either...LOL...Ed

katanna
10-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Left work early today for a spin up and down the lake in the Minx. I wont surrender until they take the docks out at the ramp.

bertsboat
10-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Bill, you should leave one in till the first snow.
Come on down if your jonzing for a boat ride!!!!!!!!1

mike o
10-18-2012, 08:02 AM
And HERE http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?257309-CT-River-Run-2012 on Sunday. Bring it, Its a HOOT !

:kingme:

Offset
10-18-2012, 08:39 AM
It has been below 32 on a couple of mornings in Haliburton, Ontario. Glad the boat is winterized, just a little more cleaning and detailing then cover the old girl up. Car has not been put away yet, still hoping for a couple of good days to get out and about. Firewood is stacked, kindling split and dry. The snow cannot be far away now!!

As a side note I asked in a thread about "old fuel" and just how long it would be usable. I had stored the boat and for a number of reasons did not get it back in the water for about 20 months. The tank was full with fuel and perhaps a little extra Sta-Bil fuel conditioner. The boat thankfully started and ran just fine with that old fuel, I did not go to WOT just in case it had lost some of it octane. Burned most of that tank away on the first outing. Filled it up again and it is still running fine. What I cannot tell you is how much of the fuel was ethanol based because it was partially full when I bought it. Just thought this might be of some use to those who are concerned about fuel life.

Capevettes
10-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Just came back in from a run. It's a heat wave today, in the 50's. Still have the roofs off the cars. I just put on a coat and a stocking cap when it's in the forties.

Still trying to cling to summer :D

Kirbyvv
10-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Mine just went into winter storage. It wasn't necessarily the weather, but hectic schedules and no time to use it. It was 35 degrees this a.m. though and in the 20's last weekend, so it's time.

Northern Sweet
10-18-2012, 09:46 PM
I am in Central Ontario (muskoka) and still have not winterized the old girl. We have had nights down to the freezing point so I guess I have to face facts that it's coming to an end. It was such a great summer up here and got a little use out of the boat, but there is always something about that open hull exhaust that no matter how much use you get out of the boat, it's never enough.

I will don the touque and mitts and get out for one more ride this weekend before the long snowy Canadian winter hits. Till next Spring....