PDA

View Full Version : Cobalt GT-200 16' (Mini Corsican Clone)

Rob M
10-13-2012, 08:16 AM
According to the old Cobalt brochure, they had a model in their line-up styled like a clone between a Corsican and Ski Sporter (or in their case a XV-200 and GT-500). In the illustration, the boat looked like the GT-500 but was 16' with a wrap seat configuration. Just curious if anyone has ever seen one in the flesh, or if the plug got pulled by lawsuits with Donzi before one was ever made? I do recall a discussion about a "Corsican" on Georgian Bay near Honey Harbour that was supposed to be only 16'. If one actually exists, it must be among the rarest-of-the-rare manufactured classics. Interested in hearing about confirmed sightings or any more info.

Rob

Tall Cotton
12-06-2013, 08:30 AM
According to the old Cobalt brochure, they had a model in their line-up styled like a clone between a Corsican and Ski Sporter (or in their case a XV-200 and GT-500). In the illustration, the boat looked like the GT-500 but was 16' with a wrap seat configuration. Just curious if anyone has ever seen one in the flesh, or if the plug got pulled by lawsuits with Donzi before one was ever made? I do recall a discussion about a "Corsican" on Georgian Bay near Honey Harbour that was supposed to be only 16'. If one actually exists, it must be among the rarest-of-the-rare manufactured classics. Interested in hearing about confirmed sightings or any more info.

Rob

I asked this same question a few years ago. Nobody has seen one so they were probably never produced. But don't give up hope. There may be one or two out there. I've seen evidence of 4 of the 9 GT-500s produced. One of which is in my boathouse awaiting restoration!

mattyboy
12-06-2013, 09:52 AM
I have never seen that mini 16 but I do remember they also had a copy of the x 18 and they also made a 23 that looked a lot like the 7 meter

this is from their 71 catalog

Holy Smokes
12-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Six years ago I ran across this XV-200 with a very rare V-drive. Almost bought it. It's since been sold and travelled north to Canada.