PDA

View Full Version : it's busy out there

mattyboy
10-11-2012, 07:24 AM
in all my years here have have not seen it this busy with restoration projects . there always was one or two total resto projects going on at one time now there seems to be 6 or more and some rare boats

by my fguring

there is a benchseat hornet ( Pearson), a baby 14 (Paul ) a corsican ( Rob F) a 427 side oiler barrelback v drive ( blueboat) 18 C ( superhatz) 2 16 ski sporters( ss04 and SDD).

I wonder if this is a sign that the market for these boats is on the upswing?

dsparis
10-11-2012, 07:38 AM
You omitted Silver Ghosts project.;)

mattyboy
10-11-2012, 08:26 AM
I left out a few that have been ongoing like Gcarter's testa the one's I mentioned were in the early stages or midway so I guess I should have mentioned George's he is in the later stages and he is on the mend sorry George ,hope you are feeling better :) . also Just say n20's 16 he is in repowering right after finishing his resto. I didn't mention mine either as it is not worthy of being mentioned with these other full restoration mine is more of a fluff and buff.

the ones I have mentioned are literally ripping into them :yes:

olredalert
10-11-2012, 09:11 AM
----Although on the slow path, dont forget the Spitfire, Matty. Hull and deck are done and its awaiting rigging and, as always, an injection of cash......Bill S

mattyboy
10-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Bill,

as soon as I saw you post I knew I forgot about your Spitfire sorry :)

funny I was just talking to an old friend about the spitfire that ran around my lake in the 70's " Jamsey Boy" would love to find that one it had 327 race motors and volvo e drives with the capt Kirk seat option.

olredalert
10-11-2012, 10:11 AM
----Havent figured out the front seat choice yet, but I know what wont be in there......Bill S

BUIZILLA
10-11-2012, 10:56 AM
and don't forget Madpoodles X18 THOROUGH resto now underway, with the interior currently being patterned and done by Donzi Direct

and Bertram Boy's 16 that is about to get completely re-done by Nabbers (I think)

and another repower currently underway in an elusive 18

gonna be a bizzzy winter :D

gcarter
10-11-2012, 04:15 PM
And my "forever" TR project is almost finished. Now that the temp is dropping (it got down to 70* last night!), and I'm feeling better, maybe by Thanksgiving!

superhatz
10-12-2012, 06:16 PM
I think more and more, the classic fiberglass boats will gain appreciation. I love to see them being saved...it's very exciting for me. To me, the 60's and 70's was the golden era...the coolest boats ever made.

:party:

TXDONZI
10-12-2012, 07:41 PM
I hope the market is getting better.....I want to sell my 1999 22 when it does to get a different Donzi or fund a long over due non-Donzi project. This project will be my 1st family boat I bought in 1990 in honor of my past son.