PDA

View Full Version : "The Ultimate" Update...Pictures!

Scott Pearson
10-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Well....The stringers and coring are all done! Ready for 1200HP:D!!

Still needs alot of finishing and prep work before the paint is applied....but all the hard stuff is done!

mattyboy
10-10-2012, 07:27 PM
looks good the one pic of the side makes me think removing the windshield is the way to go with mine. get the beer cold I am ready to paint LOL

mattyboy
11-26-2012, 06:54 PM
one thing i will add is there has never been a classic built like this ever from the donzi factory . with a properly sealed fully wood cored hull and oversized stringers this thing is a tank !!! I have helped lift /jack up a few un rigged hulls this was the only one I ever was fraidy scared of falling on me. this hull will not even notice the torque of a 1000 hp. it is going to crush waves and be very quiet about it too ( the hull not the motor).

olredalert
11-27-2012, 09:39 AM
----Scott,,,I have been meaning to ask you a question about this bench-seat since you first pictured it. Are you going to restore it with the same color scheme it has had for so long, or as it was from Donzi? I really like the graphics and have no idea what I would do if it were mine. Also,,,were the supports from the stringers up to the bottom of the bench seat always there or did you add them for strength?........Bill S

RockyS18
11-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Looks like you've made some good progress. I have the same question as olredalert- what's the planned color scheme?

Scott Pearson
11-27-2012, 03:05 PM
The colors that I plan on using are....Now dont freak out.....All Lime Green, Black deck and waterline stripe and a black gut. It will have a black carpet, black face SW gauges, black steering wheel. No windshield.

The transom will be all black also. Bilge will be all Lime Green.

It will look like an old Mopar!

The braces that come up from the stringers where added. ALL of these bench seat Hornets saged over the years. The weight of the seat tub area would pull the decks down. All f the bench seat hornets that I have seen (except Matty's) did this....or started to sink. Matty's has the toilet that kept this from happening.

Bobby D
11-27-2012, 04:08 PM
The concept is working for me

Carl C
11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Sounds good. I'd keep the seats white because if they are black you will have plenty of blistered butts. I know this from experience; My Hydrostream had gray seats and you had to splash water on them to cool them before sitting.

Scott Pearson
11-27-2012, 04:19 PM
I know black can get hot. I will have to use some towels. The interior is all done...no going back now...:wink::wink:

jl1962
11-27-2012, 04:58 PM
My '66 MGB has black seats and they are manageable - in fact, when it's a little cold they feel great.

If you boat in the spring or fall, the hot seats will feel good.

Seat warmers off season and a towel if it's too hot. Of course the towel will have the match to boat...........:rolleyes:

Inferno
11-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Scott ,Looking good and mine is coming along as well. Hope to see you at LG in the spring. Hope they changed the speed limit for the weekend or we'll be donating alot of moo-la to the LG police. The engine is being completed ( 565 ci /whipple) which should put me in the range of 1100 ponies. The hull has been completely rebuilt with double stringers and has a 1/2 inch aluminum crandle. The bottom had been completely cored and with the Konrad ace on the rear we'll sure be taken to jail ...

jl1962
11-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Wow!

Don't worry, Stan - I'll bail you both out.

Scott Pearson
11-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Stan, What is that?

joseph m. hahnl
11-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Seat warmers off season and a towel if it's too hot. Of course the towel will have the match to boat...........:rolleyes:

http://www.onboardstyle.com/image/cache/data/Donzi%20Emb%20Towels-500x500.jpg (http://www.onboardstyle.com/donzi/donzi-accessories/donzi-embroidered-towels)

RockyS18
11-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I love the lime green/black combo, but towels are going to be necessary. Black seats can be sassy.

Inferno
11-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Scott, It a 2+22 Classic ... Were planning on going to the the Shootout this year and try to break the speed record for 22' v bottom boats. Should be very interesting:confused:. I'll be looking for drivers. The calulations on weight to hp =135 mph, but that only on paper.

MDonziM
11-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Scott, I think the green/black sounds cool, keep the pics coming.

Inferno, your eng compartment looks real nice and that cradle design should be stout. Is that the gas tank below the trim pumps?

Long winter ahead but I'm already looking forward to next years Dust Off.

- Marshall

Inferno
11-27-2012, 06:33 PM
The tank you see under the pumps is just a reserve 25 gallon tank and will probably never be used. The main tank is separate and the fuel intake is on the deck.

gcarter
11-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Two very interesting project boats.
Before I bought the Testa Rossa, I looked long and hard at an F-22 which would have ended up as a bench seat boat.
I think it would have been a fun project. The owner was asking way too much for a boat that wasn't in as good condition as the TR.

MDonziM
11-27-2012, 07:19 PM
George, I always loved the f-22, must be pretty rare maybe even less made than critters.

Inferno - wow, just looked back at your build post. With 1100 hp drag/boat attitude will be paramount. You might want to use that spare tank to move the cg back. I've seen a couple cig 20's with 800-850 hp and blackhawks that do 105-107mph but they fry the drives regularly. I don't know Konrads but that is an ambitious project. I have 625- 650 hp with a deep mounted blackhawk and have only seen 86mph or so. I think if the x was higher it would add 5-6mph.

Sorry Scott, didn't mean to boost your thread.

Scott Pearson
11-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Great towels! Any in Green?

Stan,
Do you have more pictures of the boat??? Im really interested in seeing all the progress on what it took to get it to that point. What an amazing look!

No worries about boosting the thread....Its all good.:biggrin.:

Conquistador_del_mar
11-28-2012, 12:05 AM
Inferno,
That is the best, cleanest and stoutest looking engine cradle box and engine room I have ever seen. Will the Konrad actually hold up to the 1100HP? Do you plan to mount trim tabs horizontal to the water? At that expected speed, I would think your setup has to be different than normal. Is the Konrad a lower ratio than 1.5? Just curious. Bill

Lenny
11-28-2012, 01:43 AM
Stan, What is that?

somethin very cool ...

osur866
11-28-2012, 02:42 AM
Scott, It a 2+22 Classic ... Were planning on going to the the Shootout this year and try to break the speed record for 22' v bottom boats. Should be very interesting:confused:. I'll be looking for drivers. The calulations on weight to hp =135 mph, but that only on paper.
You say your looking for drivers?? I'm not scared, That's my home waters I'm in!! Be glad to show ya around there! Looking good btw!!!

tylogans 22
12-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Very cool projects Scott and Stan, the colors you guys have picked are awesome, Scott my 22 does not have a windshield you will be very happy with the look. Just get yourself a good pair of googles or sunglasses

Guys please keep posting pictures!

Gregg
22 yellow devil