PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Snowmobiling Trip

Donziweasel
09-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Well, the leaves are changing and it was below freezing this morning, although it is 75 out now. Basically, it is hunting season, but soon the smell of two stoke's burning oil and the sound of "braaaapppppp" will fill the backcountry of Wyoming as snowmobiling season starts.

Last year we discussed a Donzi snowmobiling trip similar to a trip I already do every year. Basically, you+high performance powder sled+500 inches of Wyoming Powder+ A great lodge with a bar+the Wyoming backcountry=An amazing trip to Jackson Hole. This trip would be for members of the Donzi community only.

Basically, the jist is this, you fly into Jackson, stay at the Lazy P for a night, then spend 2 nights and 3 days touring the backcountry of Wyoming on the latest and most high performance sleds ever made. Then we will return to the Lazy P and you can either chill out and ski for a few days or head home. This is a trip no tourist will ever do and you will experience a once in a lifetime experience.

Now, I will be doing my regular trip the third or fourth week of February and thier are some Donzi guys already on that one. It is also full. That leaves us January and March. Early December can be boney and there is no way in hell to get a ticket in late December with the Christmas crowds. January can be cold and the days are short, but the powder doesn't get any better. Deep and fuffy, some of the best on earth. March is warm with long days, but the snow can be heavy.

Anyway, who is interested and what dates would you like? Let me know and I will start planning.

fegettes
09-27-2012, 09:27 PM
I am still interested, you pick the dates, and I will get the airfare, looking forward to it.

Steve

yeller
09-28-2012, 03:13 AM
DW, I'd be interested. Sounds like an incredible trip! January works best for me, but it's your call.

Donziweasel
09-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Alright, got some interest here and on the other site. Since it is a PITA to do both sites, I will probably only be posting on .org from here on out. Here is the link to the thread over there-

http://www.donzi.org/forum/forumdisplay.php/23-Hanging-‘round-the-dock