PDA

View Full Version : NEW COCkPIT INTERIOR COST ?

donzisweden
09-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Hi.
i have 2 questions if someone knows ?
whats the approx cost to reupholster the cockpit interior of a donzi z33 from 1989?
approx ?
that is 2 chairs, sides and rear seats...
also anyone know if its worth fixing 502 engines ? cost ?
looking at a new project and curious of the costs involved.
thanx for any tips and guesses.

silverghost
09-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Josh at www.donzidirect.com
can give you a quote on a new Donzi interior.
An interior shop near you might be another option.

502 Mercruiser engines are great engines.
But~
without looking at, and actually trying to run, these old engines it is impossible for anyone to gve a realistic price quote on any possible needed repairs or total engine rebuilds.

Morgan's Cloud
09-23-2012, 06:35 PM
If you're outside of the Continental US (as I am , and as your username implies) you're wasting your time expecting numbers from a US based information board.

However , if you have 502's they're probably worth getting re-done wherever you are as from what I've seen/heard they're better than 496's or generic 454's especially if they're the Mag series and have forged internals.

donzisweden
09-24-2012, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

hi.
yes i am outside us, but the boat i am interested in is inside usa, and surely a lot cheaper to re upholster the interior in usa than europe, besides that i thought i would drive the boat in usa for some time before bringing it to europe, here now its winter untill may 2013.good luck making donzi an ice breaker.;) ..and overhauling the engines is probaily 10 times better in usa with parts around the corner as well as cheaper and more experienced mechanics with v8..
just hoping to get some approx numbers to make a overview of buying or not.
how can i see if they are mag series ? without opening ??
thanx

Morgan's Cloud
09-24-2012, 06:21 AM
:idea:

Aha .. now that changes things a bit ..

Do you know if the engines are carb or MPI ?

VetteLT193
09-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Generally the nice ones are asking under $20k. If the boat you are looking at needs a new interior and engines it's pretty likely it needs other things. I'm guessing that it would be a better value to get one that is complete and nice

donzisweden
09-24-2012, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Hi.
i would say 100% they are carbs..
and i wanted to compare a turn key boat verses a boat where some jobs were to be done..turn key can break and then its expensive..if it aint my brother thats selling me his boat then who knows the condition of engines and drives 100-200 hours from now..
if i renovate engines they are to be considered new and surely wont break for a while if treated properly!! same goes with drives..
does anyone know diffrence between z33 from 1990 and zx33 from 96 ?
apart from visual diffrences? is anyone better than the other?
thanx

Dr. David Fleming
09-25-2012, 11:54 AM
The Z33 and the ZX33 - These were two completely different hulls production numbers for both hulls should be very small. For the most part the ZX featured step hull construction and updated styling. The 502 carburated engines should be easier to repair than the MPI - I would think someone like Tyler Crockett Marine could do them for $9,000 or so each depending on the issues- this includes running the engines on the dynometer to check them for power and function.