PDA

View Full Version : Size really does matter

Morgan's Cloud
09-15-2012, 01:19 PM
So , how many of these brutes were made and what do they run like ?
I don't think I've ever heard much of them before .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-Donzi-Daytona-45-45-go-fast-boat-off-shore-runner-/290771470688?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item43b3548960

Kevlar hull too .

I give the guy credit, this has to be the most detailed boat ad I've ever seen , plus there's a video too.

A little light entertainment for us who are destined to be cash strapped :D

SanDogDewey
09-15-2012, 03:33 PM
That boat on a trailer sure makes a pickup truck look small!

VetteLT193
09-17-2012, 07:44 AM
They are BIG performance boats. Awesome poker run boat that you can actually stay in over night. Down side is triple engines and the hull has been known to be a spinner / roller if you turn hard at speed. One went down not long ago on lake...? (can't remember)... but it was late last year if memory is correct.

This particular one doesn't mention a Generator... It's pretty much needed to get top dollar. I haven't seen one in this color scheme, it is very classy... A HUGE plus is the engines were already serviced. They seem to come for sale most of the time when the engine service is due because it costs a fortune to service 3 blue engines.

I have wanted to pull the trigger on one of these for a while, the killer is the trips and 45 feet long means long term maintenance $$$ and storage $$$ is very high. Seems like a better value is to get a smaller Formula SS even though you don't get near the cool factor:biggrin.:

biggiefl
09-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Downside is they burn like 100GPH at cruise. Good thing is you are in a different county within that hour. Bad news is you have to spend another $450 to get home. If you want to spend $1000 a day, I will gladly help you pick it up.

gcarter
09-17-2012, 11:36 AM
I seem to remember kevlar hulls and Donzi going back aways. It seems (if my memory is responsive this morning) these were built by Halter Marine in Louisiana and most were for the military. I suppose the combination of military and commercial sales made the possibility of a profit more likely.

Here's a picture of one of the military boats..........I understand they made the military boats unuseable by cutting holes in them.

BUIZILLA
09-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Downside is they burn like 100GPH at cruise I can't imagine them using that much a cruise rpm....

Ghost
09-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Feels like somewhere from 40 to 60 would do it, right?

biggiefl
09-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Ok...the ad on E-Bay says 69gph at cruise....now it only costs you just over $300 to get home, my bad.