PDA

View Full Version : thinking of selling 18 classic

craigdskilling
08-28-2012, 07:46 PM
what price should i be asking for a 84 2+3 classic with a trailler.Fresh water boat with a new 383 stroker with 385hp all done up.I also put a blackhawk drive on new 2years ago running 27p props.the trailler is a dual axal trailler made from aluminum and 4 brand new tires.everthing works.

Just Say N20
08-28-2012, 11:56 PM
$22,500?

craigdskilling
08-29-2012, 05:31 AM
I was thinking of 18000 Canadian to start.would have to say that my boat out off10 would rate a 8.5

Just Say N20
08-29-2012, 06:35 AM
With the BlackHawk, I would have to think that is reasonable. I was looking at the pictures on my iPhone, so couldn't tell the condition of the boat as well.

jl1962
08-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Nice boat, Craig. 18 CAD seems fair.

No offense intended but I can't understand why people buy 3K project boats, spend twice what Craig is asking, and miss out on years of boating while boats like this are ready to go and well sorted out.

I know some of us truly enjoy rescuing boats and working on them and putting their own stamp on them and have the skill set to do a great job (maybe I just answered my own question!), but I think that most of us would be much better served with a sympathethically owned, well cared for example like this.

Good luck with the sale.

My .02

undertaker
08-29-2012, 07:44 AM
What are you going buy next.....:biggrin::checkered:

Just Say N20
08-29-2012, 08:14 AM
why people buy 3K project boats, spend twice what Craig is asking, and miss out on years of boating while boats like this are ready to go and well sorted out.

Guilty, only it was a 5K project boat. And I have owned it for 4 years, and enjoyed 1 season so far. I guess sometimes you can't spend $18K all at once, but you can spend $30K plus gradually over time. . . .

And, you ALWAYS believe you can do it for less. :rlol: :rolleyes:

Usually pretty nice when you get done though. But you hit the nail on the head.

jl1962
08-29-2012, 08:35 AM
Bill - I wasn't even thinking of you - OK - maybe a little ;). In fact, I'm a bit envious of peope like you, or Scott P, or Mario, or Marshall or Bobby D or Matty who have the skills and have (or will soon have) remarkable boats.

But for most of us average schmucks who have average skills, average budgets and who enjoy boating MORE than they enjoy working on their boats - this type of used boat is a slamdunk.

mattyboy
08-29-2012, 08:39 AM
yes the sickness manifests itself in many forms, from the phoenix syndrome raising a classic from the dust, to the Joan Rivers complex AKA rebuild and replace all the old parts with new plastic parts over decades. To the Mr Miyagi disease wax on wax off paint the fence and keep her looking perfect thru out the years.To the George Steinbrenneritis drop a ton of cash and build me a winner now.

so what do you have, I have limited funds and skills so I am from the Joan Rivers school slowly rebuild and replace and fill in all the age lines and cracks

nice boat with a very unique setup that will perform better than a stock 18 at a fair price good luck with the sale someone looking for an 18 should give this one a good look.

craigdskilling
08-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the kind words,and yes it has taken me many years to put it all together bot worth it.the runs at 75mlp need to buy 29 or my next plan for the boat was supercharger.I have a set of 31 that are dying to go on.i was looking to buy a 1995 22 with a 502 running 73mlp with no work done to it yet.he is asking 28000 i think that is too high wat do you guys think thanks craig.;)