PDA

View Full Version : Vintate Wood Donzi Dealer / Service Sign

BOSTONCAMARO
08-24-2012, 10:14 AM
oops vintage not vintate haha

Outside of my regular job in real estate/property management I restore muscle cars and build furniture out of reclaimed wood and steel. I may be a kook but I LOVE old stuff, I also do a lot of home renovation and design, decor etc. Because of these interests, my interest in the heritage of early cars, boats etc...I got to thinking it would be great to find a vintage Donzi sign for my parents lake house in Maine.

A good friend of mine, her boyfriend is a talented artist and I had wanted to find a vintage sign for the lake house. So I got a door off an antique shipping / storage crate that has been weathered, outside at another friends antique shop just off Lynn / Nahant Beaches outside Boston. The sign isnt dont yet and the lines will be sharpened up, then after it will receive a light sanding in order to distress the logo to match the sign.

Pretty cool piece I think, wanted to share.

Ghost
08-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Cool!

BOSTONCAMARO
08-24-2012, 12:19 PM
thanks, should be a nice addition to the cottage....

f_inscreenname
08-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Love to see it when staying at you parents lake house in Maine. lol
I want a lake house in Maine.

Ed Donnelly
08-25-2012, 07:45 AM
What a waste leaving it at a lake house..

Sell it here so I can enjoy it every day of the year...LOL....Ed

BOSTONCAMARO
08-27-2012, 09:55 AM
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh

Capevettes
08-27-2012, 04:53 PM
I like it. I would love to have one at my Lake house. I live here year round so it would be great to have something like that. Maybe a new business for you.

BOSTONCAMARO
08-27-2012, 09:07 PM
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BOSTONCAMARO
09-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Sign hanging in the cottage....