PDA

View Full Version : Concert Memories

f_inscreenname
08-22-2012, 01:27 AM
While in Bar Harbor, Maine last month on vacation the wife is out getting supplies for the cabin and hears on a local radio station that Styx, REO and Ted (the wildman) Nugent will be in concert the next night in Bangor (about a 45min ride). We have been to B/H a hundred times but that was one thing we have never done before while on vacation. It was almost like we were deadheads or something. lol. Also now that the kids were old enough it was time to take them to a real rock and roll show for the first time.
On a side note, technology is awesome! I was sitting on the front deck of a cabin in the woods of Maine on my wireless laptop picking seats, buying tickets and setting them up for will call as easy as can be 800 miles from home. Thats cool. I remember having to go all the way to town just to get a cell phone single only a couple years ago. They have come a long way.
The concert was cool. A lot of families there. There was a group in front of us that "never saw dad act like that before". He started off with a collared shirt with a sweater over it. By the end of the night he had a concert shirt on with rolled up sleeves and his collard shirt was used as a bandanna. lol.
None of us thought to bring the good camera so we didn't have anything from the concert but memories, ticket stubs and t shirts. Being the first official family concert (I cant believe I just said that) I had to do something to preserve the date for us and it turned out so well that I thought I would pass it on as an easy project for anyone.

First thing I did was find a tour poster/billboard. Not a real one but one on-line (lucky for me I found the one for the show we went to). If not where you got tickets from then do a google image search. Most cases will find it if there was one.

Then I fixed it in IrfanView (cheap photoshop) and made it a 16X20 (a billboard size).

Then I sent it off to Office Depot to be printed on 24# white paper on Saturday and it got here today.

Shot up to the local arts and crafts store for a frame and a mat to make a boarder. After some centering and some cutting I came up with this. Should work for any big event you want to keep.

I think I got $38 in it total.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/328/63910033.jpg

Ed Donnelly
08-22-2012, 06:30 AM
My wife bought tickets to the Moody Blues concert last year.

My biggest memory? Her saying "Look how old everyone is"

17 yr age difference really reared its ugly head...Ed

McGary911
08-25-2012, 10:12 AM
A lady I used to know up in NJ, was not the best person in the world. Full time barfly. One thing she did, which I think was brilliant, was save every ticket stub for every concert she'd been to. She must have been 55 or so back then. She had about 6 picture frames on her wall with every stub nicely mounted. There were some incredible stubs in her collection and every one had a memory for her. I wish I had thought to do something like that, starting with the ticket stub from my first concert (Kiss at Madison Square Garden in '77. I was 7 :) )

Yours turned out nice. Good job. Keep it going, and soon the walls to your office will be full.