PDA

View Full Version : engine compartment question

Fishermanjm
08-03-2012, 01:19 PM
my tilt/trim pump stopped working for me whaile we were out, had to pull the pin at the ramp and tie the drive up to get her back on the trailer. i have changed the pump and that is all better now. My question is this,,, the shelves that are on either side of the engine seem to hold water under them. Is there supposed to be a drain cut into the stringer to let the water drain down to the bildge or should the shelf be sealed to the side of the boat??? i dont think water sitting under the shelf is a good thing, what do you all think?

mattyboy
08-03-2012, 01:31 PM
I have two boxes that were added outboard of the stringers in the bilge they have drain holes fore and aft and then a drain hole thru the stringer to let the water drain to the main part of the bilge

Offset
08-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I have the same situation with my 22. I have been reluctant to drill holes in the stringers because I am concerned that they cannot be properly sealed. I know the water is there and I can get it out mechanically so I think I will hold off on the drill bit surgery.

Just curious, where is the pin that will allow the drive to be tilted? Something I should probably know.

Fishermanjm
08-03-2012, 03:00 PM
the pin goes through the drive and secures the hydrolic pistons to it