PDA

View Full Version : 22 classic parts for sale

bundles
08-02-2012, 01:36 PM
I have recently acquired a 1986 donzi 22 classic in near mint condition. i will have a fair amount of parts to get rid of.

they are as follows:

1) plexi windshield with eyebrows
2) standard alpha drive with gimbal
3) stock 22 trim tabs
4) full interior carpet in blue
5) dashboard with gauges
6) steering system (wheel to rams)
7) top mounted chrome vents for engine
8) alpha drive with prop
9) all seats and cushions
10) factory throttle
11) possibility of the engine hatch as well

i will have pics in a couple days. keep in mind i am pretty sure everything is in practically mint condition. but i wont know until i get to florida on monday, after which i will post individual pics of everything.

thanks

george

reallywantadonzi
08-02-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm interested in replacing the original driver seat on my 16 ski sporter so if you're willing to break up the set (and aren't trying to get rich) Post a photo and let's talk.

18intheworks
08-02-2012, 05:21 PM
I have a Classic 18 I am building with no steering system yet. Would the extra length of the hoses be a problem? What type of steering is it (Man or power). More details please. Thanks Tom 478-918-5928

bundles
08-02-2012, 08:08 PM
wow, lots of quick responses. right now the boat is in Ft Lauderdale at Lauderdale Marine Center. i am currently in the bahamas, but i will be there next week and take closeup pics of everything. if you guys can hold out that long. from what i have seen and heard most everything is mint.

thanks

JayZ
08-03-2012, 11:09 AM
...I am more interested in what your plans are for the boat. It sounds like you are turning it into a blank slate.

Jay

juststartinout
08-03-2012, 11:20 AM
I'dd be in the market for the vents previous owner drilled hole though one to mount light and dented anouther, not sure how thoses things are solid. Let us know condition when you can and enjoys your new project

bundles
08-03-2012, 12:10 PM
I will hopefully have detailed pics tommorrow for you guys. for now i will post these so you can get an idea of the condition of the parts in question. i will say this, the boat lived in dry storage and was owned maintained by an ex special forces guy. it has only ever seen freshwater and has a complete log book of everything.
TO JayZ, yes this is a complete teardown, blank slate build, I have always wanted a donzi classic. At first it was a sweet 16 when i was much younger, now i am much larger and require something larger. i have been bitten by the 22 classic bug and there is no cure.

The work is being done by Jedi Knowles at Knowles Mobile Marine at Lauderdale Marine Center. he is also responsible for awesome work done to Kappytan's 1989 donzi 23 center console that is also posted on the forums here. I have been on that boat many times before and after and i will say that KMM's work is by far some of the best i have ever seen. i dont want to give too much away, but i will say these two things. Expect to see some things that as far as i can tell i have never seen before, and that it will be EFFIN CLASSY.

this first pic is the color i am using................

these are the before pics

After pics to come soon......I hope ;)

18intheworks
08-04-2012, 01:10 PM
George,
I have a non-trimable Volvo 280 for my (as yet unassembled) Classic 18 and I would really like something with power trim. I might be interested in the drive and the steering - please give me a call when you hit the states.

Thanks!
Tom 478-918-5928

bundles
08-04-2012, 04:50 PM
tom, should be no problem. if spirit air didnt suck so much i would be in fort lauderdale as we speak taking pics. hopefully tommorrow i will be there. looks like you are in GA, how would we go about getting this too you? Its too bad i am not still in savannah as i was driving back and forth to sav from south florida every other week. i can do that run with my eyes shut....lol jk......

18intheworks
08-05-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm in GA but I travel to FL a bunch and have friends in Melbourne and Daytona - they might be able to make the trip down. If they can hold it for a bit I'm sure I will be able to go down and collect it within a few months. Big questions are:
- Do you know if the drive has ever been rebuilt or gone through?
- What kind of steering is on it?
- who would know if the steering on a 22 could fit on an 18?

I am new to this whole 'build a boat from scratch' thing and have so many questions. It sounds like you have done more than one of these so advice appreciated. I'm told I want hydraulic steering for sure as I should be at 60mph+, power steering is not required so I am told.. Some folks say 'stick with your volvo 280 - it's bulletproof and big deal if you can't trim it'. I don't know if my 280 is good or not - the guy said it was ready to go but then it leaked fluid when on its side... And I would like to be able to trim... So I'd like an Alpha or Bravo but then I have to glass the hole to make it smaller or get an adapter plate for $850 to use a Merc.. There are a lot more props for Mercs than there are for a 280. I am putting 320 hp into the outdrive, which appears to be OK for an Alpha if you don't hit it hard or get airborne... My budget is tight as my wife is not thrilled I bought this boat in the first place...

There is an Alpha SS for sale for $2300 and that should be good for 5-8 mph alone... But that's a lot of coin for my budget...

So many questions and decisions...

OK - I have ranted enough - give me a shout when you can. 478-918-5928

kz1h5y
08-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Hi, I'm interested in both buckets and the rear cushions. Let me know what you're asking for them. My email is ross_kreinbrink@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Ross

18intheworks
08-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Pictures were going to up on Monday I thought....

Anybody have a good power hydraulic steering system for a Classic 18 with an Alpha SS?

Thanks,
Tom

bundles
08-10-2012, 08:35 AM
sorry guys, i was in florida taking care of the boat and didnt have any easy internet access to post the pics.

so without further delay.......
72600726037260472605726067260772608726097261072601 72602

The seats are in good physical condition, but have some stains.

the drive is in great shape and has never seen salt water, and has a stainless prop on it.
i would like to sell the drive and steering together, but i will split if i have too.

the scoops need re chroming, but are physically fine.

trim tabs are perfect.

gauges all work.

capret is in great shape

winshield has zero cracks and is not faded or yellowed one bit.

once again sorry for all delays but i had so much going on that i had a hard time finding time or the access to upload all the pics.

Kappytan
08-10-2012, 05:22 PM
hey bundles, can't wait to see this project by Jedison... take lots of pics

MOP
08-12-2012, 08:32 PM
As you know by your PM's I am interested in some of your stuff, I do have to say IMO it is a shame to strip a future collecter boat. I also have one it is the Tempest 300 with the raised X and a really nice running small block. I believe the production numbers to be quite low, why not clean slate a run of the mill 22?

Phil

bundles
08-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Sorry guys, i have been tied up with work and travel. i am a bit of a mess right now. but all is straight and back on track. in future just pm me or email me directly as its easier that way. i am just waiting for the boat to be stripped to weigh up all parts for shipping prices. please keep in mind that i am in nassau and the boat is in florida. Jedi who is doing the work will be getting everything ready this week. once i have a boxed weight and size on everything i will be able to respond to pricing questions. its just easier this way. i have noted whowants what first, if anyone is still interested in anything by the time i get my act together. i kinda jumped the gun here, was just curious to see if any one was interested. didnt realize how many people would be interested.

phil, believe it or not i looked hard at every single donzi for sale in the usa. not too mention two other deals i found got swept from underneath me. this was the cleanest, cheapest 22 on the market. the most important thing for me was an unmolested hull. the power wasnt too important, only later did i realize what she was actually packin under the hood. the tempest is an awesome motor and i intend to keep it, EFI it, and tweak it a little(a lot)
while my plan for this boat is somewhat unique in the styling department. i think it will be fitting for a soon to be vintage boat, in a resto-mod classic car kinda way.

MOP
08-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi will you be reviewing your PM's and pricing things? I am interested in the windshield and seats.

Phil

bundles
08-22-2012, 03:06 PM
yes, i will be checking up every couple days. i plan on boxing everything up to have it ready to go should somebody want something. the process is a little slow right now as i am in the bahamas and the boat is in florida. as for the windshield, we are taking a profile from the corner to make stands for the new windshield. as soon as its done i will let you know to see if you are still interested. the seats are already spoken for. should that person change his mind i will let you know.

george

MOP
08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
George I am still interested in both the windshield and full seating front and back.

Phil

jeff@vickie
09-08-2012, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

jeff@vickie
09-08-2012, 03:25 PM
i am interrested in the hatch cover to the engine-jeff gaudin 954 245 5600

scgj
09-08-2012, 07:14 PM
If the windshield is still available, what are you asking for it and what are the dimensions of it's footprint?

Thanks!

- scott -

jeff@vickie
09-09-2012, 09:06 AM
i am looking for a engine hatch cover ,i have a 1998 minx.i think the classic my be the same--jeff 954 245 5600

MOP
09-09-2012, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE] i am looking for a engine hatch cover ,i have a 1998 minx.i think the classic my be the same--jeff 954 245 5600

Jeff there were only 160+ Minx's produced during the mid/late 80's there were none produced in the 90's.

Phil

cvoulgaris
09-09-2012, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

I would liek your front bucket seats if they are still available? cvoulgaris@msn.com 516-457-4250