PDA

View Full Version : 76 18' on ebay !!!

TORYSMINX
07-31-2001, 08:35 AM
Somebody should grab this for this price. I would be interested if anybody is going to check it out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1621628917

Moody Blu'
07-31-2001, 10:59 AM
that is really not a good price considering you have to put a new engine in it. beleive me I know.
I ut a brand new engine in my donzi myself, and the labor I would estimate to be around 1500-2000 just to install the engine and get everything running. that doesnt include tuneing the boat. I am glad I am mechanically inclined other wise I wouldnt have been able to put the engine in. :D
after all, after buying a long block, intake,carb,distributor,your talking an easy 2500-5000 grand.
it says that boat comes with all that stuff, but intakes that are aluminum are shot after two years in salt water.(unless they are coated with some kind of corrosive resistant crap)
so 4300 + lets say 4000 is 8300. but then the whole interior needs to be redone, I know for a fact the seats cost 500 a peice so another grand.
and so on and so on.
if you got the cash screw it buy it!
but I bought my classic for 5000 and it was running and everything was in good shape.
;)

see you all at the first N/E donzi club meeting at the waters edge, in bayville N.J. on august 12th!!!

raritan
07-31-2001, 11:49 AM
WARNING
I have had 3 emails from the seller. He claims to know nothing of the boats history but has had it for 3 years. Very very evasive to specific question about drive. Wont send any more pics. I would assume drive, engine and interior are shot. This is a 280 with tilt. However tilt motor is gone.
Its a 2000 boat at best. Just my 2cents worth probably worth nothing more

Scott Pearson
07-31-2001, 08:23 PM
I know this boat and have looked over extensively. The gentlemens name is Hank. I know he has never run the boat. Its been about 2 years since I looked at it. I'm sure its in the same condition.

(NJ)Scott