PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Owner's Gathering, St. Pete, FL Oct 5-7,

Tidbart
07-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Date corrected listing.:boggled: :)

Got a message the other day from Mike Miller. There will be no formal Hometown Rally this year due to the economy, etc, etc...

However Mike found a place in St. Pete on Tampa Bay that we can have our own Donzi weekend. This would be informal, no registration, not T-shirts, no set plans for meal, etc. October 5-7th.

Just book a room and show up with or without a boat. There are no rooms blocked for the weekend so call and see what you can get.

Here.... http://www.marinacoveresort.com/ Looks like a cool place, right on the bay with docks. There are several Donzi owners that live in the area and know the water well. So, I am sure we can come up with a nice cruise or two for lunch and a day at a beach.

Hope to see some of you there.

Bob

Tidbart
08-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Not much interest so far. The economy must be bad or something.:doh::wink:

B

VetteLT193
08-06-2012, 02:46 PM
I want to go but the timing isn't there for me personally. I'm going to be in Tampa the following weekend for a wedding followed by a trip to Disney for the kids. Plus we have a family cruise booked this year so I can't take off more time.

On top of that, we are just busy as heck this year. I have used the boat only 3 times since last year's hometown rally:lifeprese:

hdsadey
08-06-2012, 06:12 PM
I would like to attend, live only an hour south. Just test run the 16 after 3 long years of assembly, YAHOO! Got some more stuff to sort out but first time out it did pretty well.

Sidney073
08-06-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm going to try to attend, missed last one due to work, I'm off 4-6 going to try an swap 4th for 7th. Hope to see everyone there!
L8R,
Sid

PaulO
08-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Hope this works out and we get some attendance. Will be my first Donzi get together in many years.
PaulO

GeneD
08-24-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm in.
New engine in and running smoothly.
Though boat has been run ragged over the years and is showing pretty rough.
Tampa Bay is quite boring btw...but to the west is some nice water.
Egmont Key is really nice and maybe we can buzz over there for a picnic or something.
Launching at DeSoto Park.
Sure wish we could go hang at Gator's though...
http://www.gatorsonthepass.com/

Tidbart
08-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Since we are winging it.... we can come up with our own itinerary. I was thinking Gator's for Saturday lunch run. We did that run from Sarasota many years ago. Anyways, appears a meeting on Friday night over a couple of cocktails is in order.

Bob

GeneD
08-24-2012, 09:23 AM
South St. Pete to Gator's is quite a run. Though I'm up for it. My gas hog will have to be full up to do a 'run'!
I'm up for anything that has a bunch of Donzis running.

GeneD
08-28-2012, 05:48 AM
I spoke to the manager of Gator's and he'd be happy to host our Donzi lunch out by the new Corona Tiki Bar that they are building.
When I get a head count, I'll be able to find out what they will offer us as a lunch deal. Burgers are #1 there, but they have other things of course.
Not too far away...all those interested should post and let us know.
Kinda exciting!

Tidbart
08-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Gene,

Since you are in the area....

We will need to know where we can launch our boats. Public ramp preferred or not, if a public ramp is too far away.

Also, do you know of a marina that can put in a boat off a trailer and then take it out later? One of the prospective attendees has a steel trailer he does not want to dip in salt, 18C.

Bob

GeneD
08-29-2012, 06:25 AM
Hmmm, okay...the largest public launching ramp in that area can be found at Ft. DeSoto Park. There is a minimal fee, like $6 or something like that. It puts you right in the thick of things for fun in the sun. It's got like 10 or more ramps and mega parking.
Ft. DeSoto Park
3500 Pinellas Bayway South, Tierra Verde
Open 24 Hours - saltwater - restroom facilities available
There aren't a lot of public ramps in the county. And most are small and are hidden away in neighborhoods that you'll need local knowledge to find.
The other big ramp is in St. Petersburg close to the St. Pete Pier.
Demens Landing Park
200 1st Avenue SE
St. Petersburg Florida 33701
stpete.org
727-893-7111
There is a marina just west of the hotel, and this is the closest place to launch. They have a ramp and some other limited facilities.
O'Neill's Marina
6701 Sunshine Skyway Lane South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
(727) 867-2585
I don't hang too often in that neck of my woods, so finding a place that will lift a boat off the trailer and launch down there is going to be difficult.
This place is a high and dry, and may be able to do that. Though it would be a bit far from the hotel.
Harborage Marina
1110 3rd Street South
Saint Petersbrug, FL 33701
727 821 6347
I know of 2 places in Madeira Beach that will do that. Far from the hotel though.
Bay Pines Marina:‎
5000 92nd Street North
St. Petersburg, FL 33708
(727) 392-4922
www.baypinesmarina.com‎‎
And...
Lighthouse Point Marina
8610 Bay Pines Blvd.
St.Petersburg, FL 33709
Phone: (727) 384-3625
http://lighthousepointmarina.net/

Tidbart
08-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Found a Public Ramp and it is 1 minute from the hotel. Maximo Park. That was too easy. :yes:

http://www.stpeteparksrec.org/maximo-park.html

B

GeneD
08-31-2012, 06:54 AM
Hmm, yeah forgot about that place.
We had stopped using it cause it had fallen into disrepair.
The docks were so bad, they had police tape on them. And last time I was there, we hit something in one of the launch slots.
I assume they've fixed all that.
And that reminds me that Maximo Marina, about 1 minute north of the ramp, behind West Marine, has a high and dry and can take a boat off a trailer and dump boat into water!
We be making progress!

Donzigo
09-02-2012, 10:51 PM
We willbe there with the Z-33, David will be there with his Fountain 31.

Sounds like fun!

Tidbart
09-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Here is what I have so far......

Tidbart
GeneD
Donzigo
David Aaron
Buizilla

Not sure on these, were tentative ... Need to confirm....

HDSadey
Sidney073
PaulO
Mike Miller
Budman
Inferno
VetteLT193

GeneD
09-04-2012, 10:16 AM
So that's 5 boats...and 10 people?:cool:

Tidbart
09-04-2012, 10:44 AM
That is 5 boats with drivers, confirmed.

Potential for 6 more boats from the lower half list.

The list does not include any passengers.

So, it is still up in the air as to how many will be there.

B

hdsadey
09-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Im gonna try. Still got some work to do. Got 64 mph on Saturday.

Tidbart
09-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Boat sounds great! :worthy:

Hope you can make it. The boat looks good enough to make gathering, it floats and it moves forward. :biggrin.: What else do you need?

Bob

PaulO
09-07-2012, 09:31 AM
I am planning on being there as long as my boat/trailer are finished.

Tidbart
09-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Great. Get er done! :wink:

B

BLACKBOX
09-07-2012, 05:59 PM
I may be in - not sure if I want to plunk in salt water and doubt my 58 mph top speed 16 could keep up with the rest of you. May just go to the lunch instead...

BUIZILLA
09-07-2012, 08:51 PM
bring it anyway.... my 16 only runs 58

Tidbart
09-08-2012, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

What Jim said. Speed is not required. Nice casual get-together. Not a race.
Bob

BLACKBOX
09-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Is there going to be a beach day at Ft. Desoto Park? I could probably put her in (salt for the first time) there. Otherwise, I could just meet up at Gators for lunch without the boat. My dealer used to be at John's Pass but they went out of business a couple years ago, I recall the water was pretty rough around there for a small boat...

Tidbart
09-10-2012, 07:28 AM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Blackbox,

The weekend has no specific agenda and we are up for any suggestions.

As far as John's Pass, there are two ways to get there, Gulf or Intra-coastal. If it is too rough in the Gulf, we go the other way.

Bob

biggiefl
09-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Glad I tuned in Bob. There is a marina at the base of skyway called Loggerheads, they might be able to pull an 18 off a trailer. Gators I highly doubt will have enough parking to be honest, especially on a saturday with a bunch of bigger boats. They really only have one dock. For a nice run from DeSoto or Skyway, etc I would suggest where we were going to go last year...Tarpon Point Tiki bar on the Manatee river. PLENTY of floating raft parking and they also have a high & dry next door that could possibly help the 18 owner. Eggmont Key would be nice or Shell Key if water is too cold. Eggmont you can't beach your boat. If you need anything Bob, let me know. If you don't have my # anymore let me know and I will call you, etc. This should be a hoot!

biggiefl
09-11-2012, 11:46 AM
PS....there is a ramp up the Manatee river called Ft Hamer. It is about 5+ miles from Tarpon Point Tiki bar but....it is in fresh water for those with steel trailers. Just a thought.

Tidbart
09-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Nick,

Thanks for all the info.

I did find a marina near the hotel who could lift the 18, and forwarded on to the owner.

Manatee River is an option but that would depend on the bay. We have 16s and 18s, even some 22s get beat to hell and back when the wind is the wrong way.

Gators has accommodated us with about 20 boats in the past. They are really good at rafting them up. We would need to make arrangements in advance though, as it would only be fair to them

As far as a beaching location, I will leave that up to you locals.

Will be good to see you again, B

smokediver
09-11-2012, 02:55 PM
I am gonna try and make it if my deal goes through and i have some money left over !

Tidbart
09-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Great John. Get Mark to come along also..
Come even if the deal falls through.
B

biggiefl
09-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Tampa Bay can get snotty but it would be a great ride and give us a chance to "Run" them more on the river than the ICW. Guess it really depends on what it looks like Saturday about 10am or so. Tarpon has had like 60 boats at a clip during poker runs as they have about 6 docks so no need to raft up per say. If we want to beach, Shell Key I "think" still allows it. There are also a bunch of places by DeSoto park but not sure about alcohol there as it is a park. We'll figure it out in the next few weeks. I might have a few other boats but depends on where and weather. No matter what, I will see you on 5th for drinks and Saturday for food. If we are doing Gators I will tow it up and meet you at whatever ramp as I have not fixed my leak yet so she is still on her trailer instead of my lift.

Tidbart
09-12-2012, 03:50 PM
We will be launching at Maximo Park near the hotel if all goes well there.
B

BUIZILLA
09-12-2012, 03:53 PM
what is the address there Bob? :lookaroun:

Tidbart
09-12-2012, 06:19 PM
http://www.stpeteparksrec.org/maximo-park.html

BLACKBOX
09-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Haven't been there, but I found this info online:

Maximo Park boat ramps are located in Maximo Park at the last exit on 275 before the Skyway if you're heading South, or the first afterwards if you're heading North.
The park opens before dawn and closes just after dusk and is free to the general public. On nice weekends and holidays there can be a tremendous number of boaters using the ramps, but even then it's a pretty good place to be.
There are 5 individual ramps, plenty of parking and a very cool staging area. Having the protected lagoon, along with horizontal docking at both ends of the three ramp side and the South end of the two ramp side, getting in and out is comfortable even during serious traffic.
Parking is never a problem as it allowed almost everywhere along the waterfront unless marked otherwise.
The ramps themselves are not in the best of shape. They are known for pot holes and drop offs just after the solid surface of the ramps (years of novice boaters gunning their engines on the ramp to get it up the trailer). After you've launched a few times at the different ramps in the park you'll get an idea of what works best for you... and wait for it.

biggiefl
09-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Loggerheads is the high & dry just across the road that I mentioned. O'Neils Marina is right there as well. Are you staying at the Holiday Inn there? It used to be a Holiday Inn, might have changed. What is the plan for Friday night? Crabby Bills is not far down the road, not bad and is waterfront. Few other joints on 19 but mainly chain places. Always the beach as well, bunch of places there including a boat access American Legion, not that we are taking boats. Let me know and I can consult some of my St Pete brothers on what would be fun if you don't have a plan.

Tidbart
09-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Magnuson Marina Cove is the hotel. Don't know what former name was. They have a bar and restaraunt onsite. Would be good to meet there on Friday as it be less confusing for people coming in from far away.
B

biggiefl
09-13-2012, 12:17 PM
I have noticed living down here that there is a little secret that the desk clerks do not mention...FLORIDA RESIDENT DISCOUNT! It is usually MUCH cheaper than other discounts so if you have a FL license, mention it.

Bob...what time at the bar on Friday? I think that was the ole Holiday Inn.

Tidbart
09-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Here is an updated list. Probably not 100% accurate, but this is what I have deciphered.

Confirmed

Tidbart
GeneD
Donzigo
David Aaron
Buizilla
BiggieFl
Budman

Not 100% but trying.......

HDSadey
PaulO
Inferno
VetteLT193
Smokediver
Blackbox

Still need to confirm.....

Sidney073
Mike Miller

Tidbart
09-13-2012, 02:03 PM
BTW....

Booking through their own website got me these rates... http://www.marinacoveresort.com/

Courtyard $98 + tax
Waterview $123 + tax

Keeping the boat in the water at the hotel is supposed to run $1.50/ft/nt. That is $33/nt for a 22C, $24/nt for a 16, for the mathematically challenged.:eek::eek!::tongue: I am still waiting on a call back on dock space issue. I will confirm later.

B

biggiefl
09-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Call the desk and see if ya can get it cheaper or mention it at checkin. I got a room in Orlando and it was $89. When I checked in I asked about AAA discount, etc and he said my rate was cheaper, etc and asked if I was a resident...I said yes.....$69.

What time for Docktails on Friday?

Tidbart
09-14-2012, 02:49 PM
I called the hotel to inquire about the rates for rooms. The rates I posted the other day are the cheapest that they offer.

On another note, if you are interested in keeping you boat in the water, at their docks, call the hotel, ask for the dockmaster, Richard, and reserve a spot. If he doesn't answer, leave your name, phone number, make and size of your boat, and the dates you are interested in. He will call you back as he is not always working.

You have been warned. :wink::yes:

B

Donzigo
09-15-2012, 08:48 AM
I've been following the posts...................looking forward ti seeing you again.

Budmann
09-16-2012, 09:02 AM
We are in! I will be launching @ Oneills! Right across the street from the Hotel. 15 min. bu boat and 3 minute run to bring the trucks to Hotel. Just a suggestion.

Maybe we could do a dinner run too. Some fun places on the water. pub, Saltrock,Billy's Stone Crab, (depending on tide) ;)!

Budmann

GeneD
09-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Been reading everyone's posts with interest.
Gator docking will be no problem. I have this all in hand. It'll end up being quite a photo op if all goes well.
It's 3 weeks away, so I'm going to talk to Manager Eddie today and see what he's offering us.
And guys...Shell Key is pretty much off limits now. They have closed off the entire peninsula there...no alcohol within 100 feet of beach. You can still pull up to beach, and get out and walk...only weekends they send over the marine patrol (usually 3 of 'em in one boat) to make sure everyone is following the new laws. No dogs, no drinking in the water anymore. Of course, no drinking at all on the Cay.
They built condos just to the east there, and that changed the currents. Last time I was out there, my hull was bouncing the bottom entering the channel. Getting to Billy's Stone Crab will be quite an experience.
The only real cool place to hang out these days is just to the east of John's Pass. The bridge construction there changed the currents and now we have a sizeable sand bar where the coppers don't bother anyone. Pull up and drink your face off. During the weekends it's quite popular. I'm thinking that this will be the best beach spot to go to. There really is no other place in the area where you can pull your boat up to the beach. However, intracoastal side of Blind Pass does offer a small sand beach to pull up to...and that is an option also.
Fort DeSoto is a super nice place, and so it Egmont. The nature at Egmont is not to be missed.
But...there are boat beaching problems at both. Anchoring isn't too bad really...
We'll have to figure out what we're doing as far as a beach day, blah blah blah.
But Gator's is on for Saturday, right?
I'm on it....
Oh, and anything that brings my boat across that bay heading south...is out! I will no longer tolerate the Sarasota sea grass clogging my cooling system.

fegettes
09-20-2012, 02:49 AM
I have been watching this post for a couple of months with deep regrets that my work schedule was preventing me from making this event. I have been working 12 hour nights, 6 days a week for the past couple of months and scheduled to run into November. However, as of this next Monday, the 24th, my schedule will change to a 40 hour work week with Friday and Saturday nights off. :yes:

So, I can now make this event, and I have already made reservations. I will get off of work Friday morning, hook up to the boat, and come that way. Ah, yes, life is good. :boat:

Steve

Tidbart
09-20-2012, 06:56 AM
Great Steve, See you there.

B

BUIZILLA
09-20-2012, 07:39 AM
I am bringing a boat, HOWEVER, I have zero interest in going to Gator's with the construction situation the way it is..

Tidbart
09-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Found a couple of other options in the Blind Pass area....

Sloppy Pelican
Salty Rim Grill
Sea Hag's Bar and Grill

Sound like Gator's is not getting too many votes due to a variety of reasons... Construction, current, roughness, etc.

Other options anyone know of?

B

biggiefl
09-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Plenty of places from Pass-a-grill to Gators. I will look into it, maybe something around Madeiro or ? Then again any place called the sea hag should be cool.

GeneD
09-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Construction?
What construction? The bridge has been built and the ribbon cutting was 2 years ago! There isn't a work barge anywhere!!!!
Currents? I go there often and even the most inexperienced boater can dock.
The Blind Pass bars/restaurants do not have a big dock. In fact, only 1 (Sloppy Pelican) has a dock that fits like 3 boats and the others have a cement bulkhead with no capacity for docking. And that is a place with nasty currents.
The Pass-A-Grill bars/restaurants do have docks and they are decent dives, and close to the hotel. Nothing on the level of a Gators though. More like your neighborhood bar.
There is really nothing in Madeira, except Gators. There are a bunch of bars/restaurants at John's Pass, only there is NO docking available.
The launching ramp at Maximo Park is undergoing some renovations. I think I mentioned it was in poor condition.
There is a huge place in Redington Beach area called The Pub. They have mega docks, modern, with a dockmaster! But it's way far.
Well, there is the local rundown.
I'm sorry, but I never did get my ass down to Gators to see what they can do for us. But I'll get to it this week for sure.
Anyone who is in the area...don't forget the National Championship Offshore Boat Races coming up in Clearwater Beach this coming weekend.

BUIZILLA
09-24-2012, 09:32 AM
where is Iguana's?

GeneD
09-24-2012, 10:06 AM
The Green Iguana is/was in the Bay Pines area.
It's been shut down for a couple months now.

biggiefl
09-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Heard the Sea Hag would be cool but not sure about docking.

Tidbart
09-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Got a call from Richard, the dockmaster at the hotel. He said he had not heard of many from our group. It would be prudent to call and reserve a spot at the hotel dock if you plan on leaving your boat in the water there. :hyper:
He also stated that there is sufficient room on the property for trailers.

Also, if the ramps at Maximo are an issue, O'neill's Marina is just west of the hotel. I haven't had time to call them an see what they charge for use of their ramp. I will post when I get more info.

B

GeneD
09-25-2012, 08:53 AM
Sea Hags is a hole in the wall bar. It's at a marina, between 2 piers and the only docking is on the bulkhead. No room for all of us. Not much of a place...

biggiefl
09-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Well maybe we should reconsider going to Tarpon Point on the Manatee river. Not really far from Hotel, great river run, plenty of parking, great food and atmosphere and most likely a band, etc. The whole establishment is only a year+ old.

biggiefl
09-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Was in Madiero Beach yesterday and basically Gators is about it on that side of the skyway with 8-10 boats or more. The only other place that could handle us is the American Legion on the other side of John's pass. Friend was telling me that there used to be more places but they sold in the boom to build condos, etc. There are planty of waterfront restaurants, just nothing that can handle our flotilla. So we basically have 3 choices, Tarpon Point, Gators or American Legion. Pass-A-grill has a few dives but not much of a run from hotel...heck if the current and wind cooperated you would'nt even need to start her up.

Tidbart
09-28-2012, 07:12 PM
As was somewhat expected, no consensus has really been reached on where to go on Saturday. :doh: Which is OK. This is a casual, have fun, no stress, no schedule, have fun, go where you want, do what you want, did I mention have fun, weekend.

Friday night gathering at the hotel bar around 8-9 pm will be in order. Some us may be there 8-10 hour early just to make sure we are there. Not mandatory, but we have to start somewhere.

I put in my order for some great weather and see no reason why my wish won't be granted. I have been good, really. :banghead:

See everyone there. Can't wait.

Bob

biggiefl
09-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Hey Bob...we can always just go for a run and if we don't stop anywhere, just have food etc at the hotel Tiki when we get back, etc. Should we meet a bit earlier than 9 on Friday? I start happy hour around 4-5 on friays by 9 I am about shot ;)

Tidbart
09-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Nick,

Some of us will be there early on Friday. I said 8-9 to allow out of towners to get there.

If you feel like coming over early, no problem.

Here is my number 321-four three six-5704, give me a call anytime on Friday.

B

BUIZILLA
09-29-2012, 02:58 PM
BIG question >> is there a place close by to wash the boats and flush them? this is extremely important to me...

Tidbart
09-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Jim
I found a car wash just north of the hotel. I don't know about spigot. I was thinking we could get access to one at the hotel. I always bring a hose with me.

biggiefl
09-30-2012, 09:50 AM
What time are you planning on being there Bob? What tiime are we meeting on Saturday as well?

Jim some of the ramps have spigots but I will be in St Pete Friday morning and will try and swing by the ramp and give an assement as to condition and ammenities. If she is F'd then we need to find another ramp nearby which I believe is west just past the toll booth or maybe one by Eckerd College.

Tidbart
09-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Nick

I am planning to be there by noon.

If you are checkig out the Maximo ramp, go next door to O'neill's Marina and check out ramp and fees. To get there, take a left at the entrance to Maximo. It is right there.

Early evening meet time at the hotel.

MikeMiller
09-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Well well well!

First: I am offended I am on the "still not confirmed" list. Yes, of course, I will be there Friday around 3ish.
Sencond: I have been posting and watching the Facebook page so i have not been here. Sorry.
Third: LET'S ROCK AND ROLL AND HAVE SOME FUN!!!!

Tidbart
10-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Here is the latest list:

Confirmed

Tidbart
GeneD
Donzigo
David Aaron
Buizilla
BiggieFl
Budman
Mike Miller
Fegettes

Haven't heard a definite yes from.......

PaulO
Inferno
Blackbox
Sidney073

Budmann
10-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Jim...... think you know where a hose is! I could probly have it detailed daily if need be!!!!!!:bawling:

Budmann
10-01-2012, 08:57 AM
boys...........just follow the pretty blue 22 and I will lead my boys to food! the Pub is a nice run and not bad food1 We need to see who is in need of a boat ride?

biggiefl
10-01-2012, 09:17 AM
I got my trailer bearing seals this morning, new 1000 CCA Interstate, fresh wash & wax hopefully as well. Change the water sep filter and top off the tank and will be ready to roll. :crossfing:

Where/what is the Pub?

Tidbart
10-01-2012, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE] I got my trailer bearing seals this morning, new 1000 CCA Interstate, fresh wash & wax hopefully as well. Change the water sep filter and top off the tank and will be ready to roll. [/QUOTE]

But, will she float???? :biggrin.:

BUIZILLA
10-01-2012, 10:49 AM
I could probly have it detailed daily if need be!!!!!!:bawling: I would expect no less.. :jestera:

biggiefl
10-01-2012, 11:53 AM
She still leaks but she floats. Weird thing is it takes in about 3gal and then stops....puzzling.

hdsadey
10-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Tranny in my truck took a s@#$%. Not gonna be able to make it. Veeeeeeeeeery disappointed. Y'all have fun and b safe, maybe next time

fegettes
10-01-2012, 10:42 PM
hdsadey, there will be plenty of seating if you want to join us. Trust me, it will be worth it.

Steve

biggiefl
10-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Bearings are done on trailer. Now to wax between rain storms and change my filters. I may also have room for a boatless person or 2 as well. Wife is not coming and not sure about Peeps.

Tidbart
10-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Spoke with a newbie named Jim tonight. He is going to join us in St. Pete. He lives about an hour north and should show up sometime on Friday.

Welcome Jim. Hope you have a good time.

Bob

dozijim
10-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Thanks Bob, looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jim

BUIZILLA
10-03-2012, 11:43 AM
FYI > http://pokerrunsamerica.com/component/k2/item/154-events-pra-season-finale-2012

I hear a rumor of a stop at Gator's.....

dsparis
10-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Scenic waters of the atlantic ocean ?

Tidbart
10-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Maybe the poker run starts in Jacksonville. :doh::boggled::bonk:

Ghost
10-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Maybe someone was distracted by Miss Thunder on the Bay and her runners up...

roadtrip se
10-03-2012, 02:42 PM
As much as I tend to lean towards the red in most of my choices, today I'll think I'll go in a bit of a different direction and pick the light blue, Alex.

biggiefl
10-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Swung by around noon and the ramp looks fine and plenty of parking. It was a darn low tide but still looked like plenty of water to launch. See everyone later this afternoon, etc.

GeneD
10-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Ha!
I think I've been spending too much time on Facebook too!
I never went to Gator's...I cruise by there most mornings, but on the return I'm filthy dirty so I don't stop. Last week was the race, and didn't get into Madeira.
Sorry for screwing up.
Someone mentioned the American Legion in Madeira. They have stopped selling food, and drinks can only be bought with a membership or some kind of military card...and drinks can only be bought with cash.
I have a trim pump to install into Donzi tomorrow morning.
I guess we're meeting at the hotel?

biggiefl
10-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Heading up to hotel shortly.

I HAVE a membership card for the Legion and they still serve food but cash only....just FYI.

Tidbart
10-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Gene
we will be launching the last few boats around 10:30 -1100 tomorrowat Oneill's. Hope you can make it.

Bob

GeneD
10-06-2012, 06:26 AM
American Legion:
Used to have Crabby Bill's cater the food. They have lost the contract a couple months ago. The only food being served is from the BBQ grill outside...and members buy food and cook it. If there has been a change, we haven't heard of it. My buddy is a full bird Colonel, it's one of our favorite places to go as everything is inexpensive.:)
So at least one of us has a memebership card!
So if they somehow have gotten another catering contract going, I'd love to go hang there. Lot's of dock space.
I'll call the Colonel and see if he'll meet us.
But...no billiards, no games (except the 6 TV's they got). You might be asked by some old ladies to dance. Please politely refuse, okay guys? Last time one of my buddies got caught into that Summer/Winter dancing...was politely asked to leave!
So I have the one repair to do, and a quick wash and I"ll be down to meet up at the hotel. Bring lots of beer guys! Can we cop some ice from the hotel?
Anyone can call to check my progress: 727-565-5644
I'll be briging my entire Mercruiser tool kit, so any breakdowns will be repaired quickly.
The best Merc Mechanic of Madeira Beach will be in attendance.:eek:
I'm suggesting a photo op at the beach inside of Blind Pass. Line up all the boats on the beach and shoot some pics. I should call the Newspapers so they can come down and snap some pics of the boats rafted up and Docked at Gator's.
I'll have at least 3 spots open for riders, possibly 4. Won't know until later.

BLACKBOX
10-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Have a good time you all - hope you can post some pics - I just couldn't bring myself to putting my 4 year old in saltwater yet (!) - I'll be at Lake Tarpon tomorrow morning, as always, if anyone wants to clean out their boat in freshwater. It's a lovely 2,500 acre lake (actually it's mildly brackish) with no underwater hazards, plenty of parking and good ramps...

biggiefl
10-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Had an awesome time. I think Jim said we did like 54 miles. Beautiful weather, the gulf was like glass. Now I have to spend a good 15 minutes washing all of that HORRIBLE salt water off my rig....worth every grain. Met Gene at the Legion and he is correct about food, I was thinking of the other one on Gandy that had Clam chowder as a special and a full blown kitchen. Not sure what everyone is doing today but Bob has my number. Too bad nobody else showed, you really missed a great day.

BUIZILLA
10-07-2012, 09:29 PM
what happens in slip 16, stays in slip 16... :anchor:

Sidney073
10-08-2012, 05:58 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it, my Power Trim Pump stuck trimmed up last time out, have been trying to fix it or find a replacement ever since. Also Trim Tab on Port Side's piston rod got bent so it was stuck 3/4's or so down, outdrive trim tab anode fell off, and when putting in at ramp on Lake Jackson after they scraped the sand off the ramp hit a concrete bag they drug up and damaged the prop!! Still had fun that day out since these all happened in reverse order, bent prop first, etc. - somehow the boat actually ran good with the prop slightly bent, I stopped it immediately. Had everything except the Power Trim Pump ready to go for this outing.
I knew the weather was going to be awsome, it was PERFECT on Lake Jackson here in Sebring, Central Florida.
L8R,
Sid

GeneD
10-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Wow, that sucks.
I had the same thing happen at the races in Clearwater. Only my trim got stuck in the down position. I worked like crazy all week so I could have Saturday off and only fixed the pump on Saturday morning. By the time I got on the water, it was way late. Missed everyone 'cept biggiefl.
Yeah, when I pulled the pump hoses off, water came dribbling out. The whole reservoir was full of water. The rams were full of water. I flushed out everything, disassembled the pump, found one of the gears bound up (most likely the result of massive water intrusion), fixed that and reassembled and filled with oil. Cycled a few times, and discovered an oil leak on my strbd trim ram. Well, the good thing is I now know how the water got in.
Sorry we couldn't meet up. I was really looking forward to some super cool Donzi pics.

biggiefl
10-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Yeah I am waiting for the pics as well. I know Denise took a bunch. I can't shoot pics and drink beer at the same time so I leave the camera home usually. Weather was awesome I think we should get together again soon and maybe just make it a day trip or ??? Maybe lake Tarpon?

Budmann
10-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Sorry boys... had to go out of town.

HERE YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Budmann
10-10-2012, 10:10 AM
And more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Budmann
10-10-2012, 10:23 AM
And even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggiefl
10-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Cool....

Hey Bud, if Denise has more pics of my ride can you send me a few to biggiefl1@gmail.com?

Team Jefe
10-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Hey Bud, if you anymore pics of Denise, can you send them to me please :kingme: WOW, talk about a good looking yellow Donzi "Classic"

Budmann
10-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Jefe'..... just for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Team Jefe
10-15-2012, 07:06 AM
:yes::eek!::yes::eek!::hyper::hyper:...... That's nothin' but nice.... thanks for sharing Buddy. AND, Give that Beautiful DG a hug and a big "THANK YOU" for me please!!!!!!!