PDA

View Full Version : 17th Annual LGDCC Fall Family Picnic

mattyboy
07-13-2012, 02:20 PM
The Club is having it's annual fall picnic on the weekend of Sept. 7-9th 2012 on Lake George NY.
The picnic will start on Sat. The 7th with a raft off in log bay at 11am pack a picnic basket and be prepared to relax on the lake .The raft off is weather permitting. Then later in the afternoon we will BBQ lakeside at treasure cove for dinner . If the weather doesn't cooperate we will be at Treasure Cove all day under the tents. This is our event that welcomes all models of Donzi and the other boats made on Thunderboat Row to Lake George. So pack up the kids and boat along with your Favorite recipe and head to Lake George.
Not to mention the hot rod show is in town that weekend so make your reservations early

blue boat
07-19-2012, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

what do you bring for this get together?

jl1962
07-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Bring a camera!

There will be over 1000 show cars: http://www.adirondacknationals.com/home.htm

There is usually a TON of food but feel free to bring some burgers or chicken or a side or a dessert or a good 6 pack etc.....

And bring your boat!

:boat:

mattyboy
07-20-2012, 08:29 AM
the picnic is very much less formal than the dustoff. people will come in early thur/fri and take in the sights of all the cars and the activity all around the village, or use that time to get in boating on the lake. Most pull in fri nite for the picnic on sat. the plan this year weather permitting.

a raft up in log bay around 11 am til 2pm ish
pack a picnic lunch in a cooler with sandwiches,snacks,hoagies,subs,grinders,po'boys whatever you call them. we will enjoy the company,the boats and the scenery.

then we will be back a treasure cove from 3 pm til about 6pm ish fire up the grills everyone brings their favorite recipe with a little extra to share
in the past we have had
authentic NYC dirty water dogs,dogs all the way
sliced steak sandwiches
ribs and other assorted smoked/grilled/bbq'd meats
burgers every which way but loose

really anything that can be grilled.

dock space is limited so we ask that those that can come to treasure cove by car for the afternoon BBQ

if the weather doesn't cooperate will be be lakeside at treasure cove under the tents from 11 am on.

looking fwd to seeing everyone again.

mattyboy
07-20-2012, 04:49 PM
pictures (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/gallery/v/2009picnic/)

mattyboy
07-26-2012, 11:03 AM
lodging info

treasure cove (http://www.treasurecoveresort.com/)

Capri Village (http://www.caprivillage.com/)

jl1962
08-21-2012, 07:42 AM
TC nearly full.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Got some good pix of an old Cig 28 in front of the house the other day (can't figure out how to post from here :bonk:), owner will try to swing by the raft up.

mattyboy
08-21-2012, 12:47 PM
just a little over 2 weeks away , looks like the black cig 19 might make another appearance .

looking fwd to it so what is everyone making? I was thinking some burgers and clams but i have seen enough of them this summer :doh: maybe some blueclaws or some nuclear chili:sombrero: or my new invention the rainbow sherbert margarita :drool:

looking fwd to my first time off of this summer

blue boat
08-22-2012, 02:37 PM
just a little over 2 weeks away , looks like the black cig 19 might make another appearance .

looking fwd to it so what is everyone making? I was thinking some burgers and clams but i have seen enough of them this summer :doh: maybe some blueclaws or some nuclear chili:sombrero: or my new invention the rainbow sherbert margarita :drool:

looking fwd to my first time off of this summer

Friday is the 7th is that when the picnic is or is it Saturday morning?

jl1962
08-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Raft up mid day Saturday.
Picnic/cookout Saturday afternoon/evening.

Plenty of us will be on hand from Friday on.....

mattyboy
08-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Sat. From around 2pm on we will be at treasure cove under the tents. Prior to that we will try a raft up at around 11 leaving TC at 1030 or so weather permitting We are also going to try breakfast lakeside Friday morning for those there
Looking fwd to seeing everyone
This is a laid back weekend people come and go thru out the weekend checking out the lake, the car show, and the other LG area offerings

mattyboy
08-30-2012, 02:09 PM
weather looking good

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Bolton+Landing+NY+USNY0142:1:US

mattyboy
09-09-2012, 04:26 PM
well weather was great on thursday and friday but saturday was a wild mess.

the club would like to thank all who attended it was great to see some old friends and to meet some new ones. We hope you all enjoyed yourself and have a safe trip home.

here's a few pics

mike o
09-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Your boat looking sweet.....:cool!:

jl1962
09-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Sunday weather was pretty good too,although 48 degrees when I launched this AM!

Note Matty's form during the micro-burst: beer in one hand, bag of charcoal in the other, he didn't miss a beat.

Who's gonna tell the story of Bob H vs the 100 MPH Picklefork?

Just Say N20
09-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Who's gonna tell the story of Bob H vs the 100 MPH Picklefork?

This sounds intriguing. . .

Please, do tell.

jl1962
09-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Not really my story to tell, although Matty may have film. Hint: Bob didn't win, but I think he covered the spread!

Here's a nice old Ski Sporter at Performance waiting on a new 302:

mattyboy
09-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks Mike,

the picklefork is in the third pic I posted. I did try to catch the run but it was hard to catch them in frame.

I'll set the scene.

Bob just added a shorty and his yellow fever is running awesome fast and stable. The pickle fork is owned by a great couple out of Ontario and is powered by a Blown BBC.
we were taking bets on who would be heard first a Blown BBC or a Blown BBF ( that's a whole nother story ;) ). so we get the tale of the tape from the owner boat has run as fast as 140 mph and he runs it at 100 on a daily basis very light very fast and had the right water conditions. so we see him fuel up and take off we figure our bets and chances are good. Bob had not pulled in at this point so later in the day when the picklefork pulled back in Bob grabbed george c and said let's see what this is all about.
Bob circles him a few times and whatever gestures and rituals completed we heard Bob fire up and take off and then well not quite a drag boat but damn near close the pickle was out of the barrel it bounced skyward twice ( just about as long as you could have a slight thought this thing can't even plane off) then it hooked up and took off like those old films of test pilots on a rocket propelled train sled). It was over so fast the actual chant from the shore was GO BOB SEE YA BOB!

I feel a little guilty I didn't give Bob the tale of the tape until he returned from the run.

the couple did join us on sat for the picnic and we had a great time. they were towing it with a camaro that was well another wolf in sheeps clothing. they towed the boat thru the car parade too.

BTW apparently a BBF is louder.

mattyboy
09-10-2012, 11:20 AM
was a great weekend even with the storm on sat. got to play dueling air horns with the Mohican. Marie got her first ride in the hornet. what amazed me was how quick the lake kicked up and the weather changed, my vintage gps and navigational instrument cluster saw it coming.

Jay what was the lowest reading we saw on my barometer?

Just Say N20
09-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Here's a nice old Ski Sporter at Performance waiting on a new 302:

Jay, you keep tossing these intriguing things out there. What's the "real story" on the yellow Ski-Sporter rebuild?

Matty, the boat is looking awesome! Has to be a really fun boat to drive.

jl1962
09-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Along w/ other cool features (factory crapper - might've been last used by Don A!), Matty's boat has a working barometer. The highest/lowest pressure ever measured anywhere in the world is 32 Hg in Siberia and 26.5 Hg during a pacific typhoon (thanks Google!). But 28.5 and 30.5 are pretty much the extremes for North America (thanks Wiki!). During the squall on Saturday Matty's barometer dipped from a little above 30 to 29.4 - which doesn't sound like much but the needle moved from about 2 o'clock to 10:30 on the card pretty quickly!

That Ski Sporter? Just another cool boat kicking around at Performance. Kirby knows a little more about it than I do, but that boat has been pulling skiers and tubers on Heart Bay on LG for the better part of 35 years (almost continuosly!) The family also owns a coffee-colored 28' Cig which sank a few years ago. We are hoping to get them to the Dust-Off next June.

The Lake got VERY rough on Saturday: 20 - 30 out of the SSE, and then it got even windier! Most of us pulled on Saturday except for some gents from the Island of Long whose hangovers prevented them from rescuing their 27' Activator until it was almost too late. Another tale of the tape! Or perhaps a tale of the depthsounder as it was almost on the bottom before they could pull themselves out of their cabins and pull their boat out of the lake. I believe Dr. Dan has pictures of THAT incident........

Scott Pearson
09-10-2012, 01:48 PM
LG Patrol....:redface:

Tammy said....Its kinda stinks that we got thrown off the lake....but you have to admit...its pretty cool that it was for being so loud!

jl1962
09-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Awesome Picture!

Would make a good caption contest....

Wa-Lo was amazing and exceeded everyone's high expectations in every category - including decibels!

Ghost
09-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Would make a good caption contest....

"It's just the design on my shirt."

mattyboy
09-10-2012, 03:48 PM
unacceptable, unacceptable!

mike o
09-10-2012, 04:38 PM
On such a nice day, bummer. Boy's, just wanna have fun.........:checkered:

Matt + Marie, You 2 look great in the Hornet............:shades:

blue boat
09-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Danielle and I had a great time with all of you. You made us feel comfortable from the start. Mat thank you for introducing us and George for starting it off. Bonnie thank you for that great Guinness Chocolate cake surprise that was the best. It was great to see everyone having a great time.Can't wait til spring Thanks Again

CHACHI
09-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Scott, you wouldn't of been on the Garden State Parkway Sunday in the Bergen, Westwood area say 4:15 heading southbound, would ya?

Ken

jl1962
09-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Blue Boat (Craig and Danielle) -

Great meeting you both. Keep us posted w/ pictures of the resto on your 18 and hope to see all three of you in the spring!

Scott Pearson
09-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Ken, that was us!

mattyboy
09-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Craig glad you and Danielle had a good time and felt welcome , looking fwd to seeing the sideoiler up at the lake maybe we can get a few more v drives up there, pizzaz, honey bun and wa-lo once it gets a loudectomy.

CHACHI
09-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Scott, I was asking myself if trailers were allowed on the GSP and at the same moment I looked to the SB side and said, I guess they are, there is someone hauling a boat.

The concrete barrier blocked all but 6 inches below the rub rail up.

Although I have only seen the pics of WA-LO on the boards, but seeing the bow flare and colors flash by, I said out loud,there goes Pearson back from the picnic. The bride goes who, and after explaining your the guy who painted the Harley she was good.

Wa-Lo looks good at 70, I can't imagine what she looks like standing still.

A great piece of history.

Ken

mattyboy
09-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Have a ton of pics will be putting them up on the website and our fb page. Anyone that has pics of the event they would like to share send them to me and I will get them uploaded

mattyboy
09-14-2012, 09:02 AM
a few more pics one of Hornet row, and the micro burst that came thru on Sat. just as we were getting started. Thankfully we were not out on the island or on the water when it came thru.

Sweet little 16
10-26-2012, 06:31 AM
I do like the new boat about time , best part was Matt's face when he said "call Pearson tell him the lake patrol is coming his way" and I said "do you think he is going to hear it ring!" :) . Looking forward to next season and more time in the boat!