PDA

View Full Version : New guy here with something interesting

1ofakind
07-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and I'd like to share a picture of my Permaglass/Donzi. From the little history i have been able to learn about this boat, back in the 70s the owner of Permaglass boats bought some hulls from Donzi. I am unsure of numbers but i believe it was not very substantial. Anyway he 7222472225put his own decks on a ski sporter/ sweet 16:confused: hull. As you can see the deck is quite higher than a stock Donzi, she has a merc 4 cylinder rated at 190 hp. this is my first boat and the first time Ive been on the water in decades so it should be a fun learning summer. Anyway just thought I'd show her to y'all and I'm sure she"s gonna generate comments (hopefully not too many negative)

Cheers Gord

Tidbart
07-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Cool boat. Like the sun pad. Get some seat time and enjoy.

Bob

PS Are those Canadian numbers?

1ofakind
07-10-2012, 08:11 PM
thanks for the kudos. Yes they are Canadian numbers her home is the Left coast of BC.

yeller
07-13-2012, 01:30 AM
Permaglass wasn't the only company to copy Donzi. There were others. Friend of mine dad has (or had) a set of molds from one of these companies. He had molds for both the sweet sixteen deck and the deck yours has. I built mine with the sweet sixteen mold but cut it to have 2+3 seating. I did contemplate use the deck you have though. Tons more interior space with your setup.

I'm trying to figure out what ramp you are at. I'd say Fort Langley, but the red boathouse in the background is throwing me off. Further up towards Mission maybe?

Nice boat BTW. The 16 is an awesome boat for the river. Handles anything the Fraser can throw at it.

1ofakind
07-13-2012, 04:22 AM
Hi Yeller hey thanks for a little more info on my 16. The ramp is actually in Maple Ridge on Wharf street. We'll have to get together at the Gillnetter for a meet sometime. My boat was apparently owned at one time by the son of the PG owner, the fellow I bought her from is trying to find me his email so I can hopefully learn some more.
Cheers Gord

jl1962
07-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Interesting boat. Very cool to see all the variations out there.

I was wondering about those registration #s too.

Thanks for posting.

duckhunter
07-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Neat boat! When I was shopping last year my wife was pretty firm on the sun pad and storage requirement, so obviously a Classic was out. Seems like you found a good compromise as well.... It almost looks like an old Glastron layout.

BOSTONCAMARO
07-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Yeller, your boat looks to be pretty sick in the design pic....do you have a build thread on it?

regards, Tim

yeller
07-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Hey Gord. I'd love to meet you at the Gilnetter.....except I live on the Island now. I miss heading to the Gilnetter on my way home. (I use to launch at the Port Mann). Miss the 16 also. Had it for 18yrs and spent a ton of time on the Fraser and Pitt.

Tim. I didn't design my current boat. It's a 22 Anniversary Edition. Here's what's happening to it now: http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?67302-496HO-to-502