PDA

View Full Version : Price for donzi 18 classix

ta2dfyrman
07-06-2012, 03:26 PM
721967219472195Although I72197ant to I might've looking at selling my 1994 donzi 18. It has 06 5.7 fuel injected Chevy with around 170 hours or so. Not for certain till mechanic hooks ECM up. Doesn't have hour gauge. Alpha one gen 2 outdrive. New starter, impellar, gear oil change,trailer wheels and tires,hubs,bearings last summer. New starter last year. Have only had chance to put a couple runs on it this year and hate to let it sit. Oil changed Mobil one synthetic 10 hours ago. Added radio and 4 polk audio marine speakers last year plus thru hull exhaust corsa with manual valves/hardin marine tips. The speedo doesnt work due to gunked up in outdrive, but had gps wired in that will stay with boat. If I forgot details feel free to ask. I believe there are some pics on my profile of boat and will upload some more and videos next week when I can get them on my laptop just trying to see a guess on asking price now a days. Don't wanna come in to high or shoot myself in foot and go to low apprecite the knowledge on this forum and any input anyone can give. Thx

tmdog
07-07-2012, 12:55 PM
What in the world is hanging off back of the boat????:confused:]

ta2dfyrman
07-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Not sure what you are referring to?

dsparis
07-07-2012, 04:28 PM
That giant metal plate.

ta2dfyrman
07-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Ohhh yeah. Was on boat when I purchased. The previous owner and the mechanic that worked on it swore by it. I meant to take it off and try without it but I guess assumed if it ain't broke don't fix it? It is kinda eye sore now that you say that?

Marlin275
07-07-2012, 07:14 PM
I had those Dol-Fins on my outdrive when I purchased my boat too.
When I took them off I got 2-3 more mph speed.

They help with kids, if you are stepping on the drive to get out of the water.

Jraysray
07-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Tell me about that 5 blade prop if you don't mind.

ta2dfyrman
07-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Thx for input on fin. I will try to take it off and see how it does next time I run it.

As far as the five blade, I played with about 5 different props at first. It had a 4 blade when I got it, I had a mirage plus 3 blade and I got close to 63-65 on gps. Just didnt like the way the boat would chime. Also wasn't in my rpm range, was way low. I just happened to try 5, I lost 4/5 mph but I just feel lke it has alot more control and got me right around 200 rpm of where I need to be. Out the hole its rediculous. Im sure i will get a little razz out of the 3 blade guys but i guess just a personal preference. I'm sure there might be a little difference when I take fin off I will update.

ta2dfyrman
07-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Took fin off. Ran about the same. Might be 1 mph or so quicker. I figure I'm gonna ask 11k or reasonable offer. Probly gonna list it local next week but wanted to start on here possibly due to the fact everyone on this site respects and appreciates the boats rather than confused joyriders not sure what they are looking for. if anyone on here interested shoot me a message and hopefully we can work something out. Like I said not really sure what to ask but comparing all out there I think it's a reasonable start$$?

joseph m. hahnl
07-19-2012, 05:41 PM
I think that is way to low of a price

http://boats.iboats.com/used-donzi-marine-boats/n0b1283/

ta2dfyrman
07-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Thx for the input. That is why I originally posted this was to get a little help on price. I guess I will jump it up a little if and when I list it locally. Thx once again sir for your input

Donzi Vol
07-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Start at $18-20k and see where it goes from there. Remember, you can always go down, but you can never go up.

Good luck.