PDA

View Full Version : Donzi marine where did it go??

JimG205
07-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Does anyone-used to be dealers ?,workers,tradesman, officially know the present story of what really happened to Donzi Marine ???? Who presently owns the property,molds,tooling etc. Can't seem to find the true story-

VetteLT193
07-06-2012, 12:11 PM
I think it is all part of the AMH umbrella and bankruptcy. I hear things are to open again on July 9th. There was a settlement of some sorts regarding bankruptcy on May 23rd so maybe Donzi, Fountain, Pro Line, and Baja will be alive again at that point but who knows.

RickSE
07-09-2012, 02:17 PM
This is the latest info I've seen.

http://features.boats.com/boat-content/2012/06/the-future-of-fountain-and-donzi-just-say-maybe/

VetteLT193
07-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Decent read... lead me to the Baja site. Craig Barrie looks out of place behind the wheel of a 23 outlaw. What's killing new boat sales.... price. Base price on a 23 outlaw with a 377 Mag is 90k. Throw a few options on and it's easily over 100 grand. This is a price point performance boat we are talking about here...

Meanwhile, you can pick up a new Tahoe similar in size but completely loaded with a trailer for half that. You also get mostly standard items and a nice option list to pick from rather than Baja's truncated list of items. There isn't even an option on the Baja for a Bimini top, full canvas, better stereo, or any other creature comforts.

This is why Tahoes (and a few other brands) are like fleas on the sandbar. Purchasing is easy, affordable, and friendly enough to get the 'Ol Lady on board.

Based on what I see from Baja on their web site... the future doesn't look all that good. If they want to charge a premium price I suggest looking to Formula to see how they do things. They have their stuff together.

DickB
08-30-2012, 03:31 PM
After reading that, it seems to me that new Classics are no more.