PDA

View Full Version : Baby 14 Blue Bird Donzi from Southern Maine

BOSTONCAMARO
06-28-2012, 07:59 PM
I saw a couple old posts regarding a light blue Baby 14 called Blue Bird on here, the boat was owned by a childhood friend, her dad owned it actually, I looked online to find her but have not contacted her yet, just wondering how she is. It was this Donzi that first made me aware of what the boats were, that my dad always talked about.

I do think her dad may have passed, I hope not...I do wonder if he is still around along with the boat.

Anyone know if this boat?

Regards, Tim

MR MAGOO
06-28-2012, 08:28 PM
My neighbor owns it. I'll pass the word to check this post.

BOSTONCAMARO
06-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Mr Magoo, are you in Southern Maine?

My family has a place on Goose Pond.....in Shapleigh

XMETAL
07-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Dick Weaver Has owned it for over 10 years now. I know he did a lot to it since he got it. I havent seen it since then but when I was a kid it was docked at the Acton Trading Post just about every day.

seabuddy
07-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Photos?

mattyboy
07-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Richard is a member of the LGDCC. pics of his 14 "Blue Bird" and his benchseat Hornet "The Grinch" can be seen on our gallery page. Both boats were featured in our photo calendar a few years back.

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/gallery/v/album02/weaverboats.jpg.html

here are a few I have.

mike o
07-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Its a modern day version of Thunderboat Row.....:kingme:

Whens the ........:party:........?..........:kingme:

BOSTONCAMARO
07-09-2012, 09:46 AM
I was at Weaver's last week, they do own the boat and have for quite awhile, also learned that my friend, who I have not seen in many years...her parents who owned the boat, got divorced, then later both passed away....sucked to learn that.

Good to see the boat went to a good home where it was lovingly restored and cared for.

BOSTONCAMARO
07-09-2012, 09:47 AM
I have some fond memories of ripping around in that boat!