PDA

View Full Version : New Interior!

patricke
06-27-2012, 11:22 AM
***Warning to all TR purists view at your own risk.*** Just got my all-red interior for my TR in. Installed it all yesterday and it looks quite bad-ass IMHO. I do realize this may no longer make my boat a TR but 1) I dont really care I wanted what I thought looked best. 2) I've wrapped up the old grey stuff in plastic to be put in storage just in case I ever need to prove it to someone.

I do have to say that Josh at DOnzidirect does an amazing job. The wood base of my old seats were starting to go internally I saw after I pulle dout the base hardware. These new ones are not only made of a dense synthetic product, but they are also set with metal thread inserts for the 7/16" lugs on the bottom which I wont have to ever worry about in my lifetime anyways.

I also have to give a big shout-out to BILL form Grand Rapids, MI on his genious with the velcro. Dude, you have it right on with this idea:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?58186-Deck-is-off/page32&highlight=velcro

I followed his lead and he was 100% correct on going this route in my opinion so if anyone orders new intereior....GET THE VELCRO. nuff said:

Bobby D
06-27-2012, 11:35 AM
You new interior look is very nice. Not familiar with a TR did your boat come with short grab rails or did you add them later?

patricke
06-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks Bobby! The Testarossa model came with grey interior originally and many on here say that the all red hull in addition to the grey interior are what makes it a "TR". As for the grab rails, I have seen a few other TR's on line but all of them 22's which have a longer windshield that almost has a grab area where it anchors to the boat on either side. Last week I came across another 18, which is the only other 18 I've seen online. It had the same grab rails as mine:

http://images.craigslist.org/5I85Fe5Hc3m23p73H8c6hcf23ba8fb8ee1a2e.jpg

So that being said, I am going to guess that yes, they were original issue. I like them obviously for their intended useage but also as a good spot to tie up a bumper to when docking.

duckhunter
06-27-2012, 12:09 PM
That interior looks great!

VetteLT193
06-27-2012, 12:52 PM
I like it WAY better than the grey. I had the same grey interior in my Minx (anniversary edition not TR) and it sucked. I'd kinda like to see the Anniversary edition with red interior now. Gray on the outside with red interior would look cool because the pinstripes are red on the boat too.

Either way... your boat is NICE!!!

Ghost
06-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Looks great! Now I gotta go back and re-read the velcro stuff...

(I think white upholstery would also look great. TR gray looks good and is cool as its own thing, but choosing between the two, I'd be partial to a white that pops and also stays as cool as possible.)

VetteLT193
06-27-2012, 03:50 PM
The "staying as cool as possible" is what I was referencing about the gray sucking. I always left the boat looking like a band of gypsies were using it because I had to cover everything with towels any time I got out of the boat in order to not fry my ass off getting back in.

Just Say N20
06-27-2012, 04:22 PM
I also have to give a big shout-out to Jim form Grand Rapids, MI on his genious with the velcro. Dude, you have it right on with this idea:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...ghlight=velcro

Wow! I was wanting to PM Jim and tell him, "Great Minds think alike!" But when I went to the link, I was it was mine.

Glad you decided to take the leap of faith and run with the Velcro. It is spectacular!

Bill :wink:

Offset
06-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Wow. Stunning. I really like it.

Did the velcro replace the snaps to hold the interior in place?

Nice boat.

Carl C
06-27-2012, 05:10 PM
I think it looks great. I'm all for customizing our boats and I think that you only increased the value of yours.

gcarter
06-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Hi Jim!

Patrick, I like the red.
Actually, what makes a TR is the sales receipt saying that is what it is.
Apparently, there were similar red boats built w/similar trim that weren't TR's.

gcarter
06-27-2012, 05:18 PM
TR's were pretty expensive, the price today translates into something more than $80K.

Here's a copy of my bill of sale.......

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31261&stc=1&d=1187747955

patricke
06-27-2012, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

And thank you and sorry BILL from Grand Rapids Michigan! :beer:

patricke
06-29-2012, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

George, I love that you have this. This is awesome! For some reason this wasnt pulling up last time I responded on my Ipad. 614 bucks freight not bad!

Offset: Yes, I simply placed velcro strips across the former lime of snaps. I am however going to ad 1 or 2 buttons back to the sides of the rear back pad to hold that "arm" onto the the boat better towards the bottom seat cushion.

Ghost
06-29-2012, 12:13 PM
That's an awfully expensive stereo in 1987...

somerville99
06-29-2012, 02:48 PM
always my favorite color combo. Looks great!

gcarter
06-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Mike, the stereo was pretty basic and of course, it'd stopped working years ago.
I'd say it was grossly overpriced.