PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye mom, your ride awaits.

f_inscreenname
06-24-2012, 12:34 AM
A lot of you have been following the Biese Project that I have been working on over the last few months. http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?66855-1963-Biesemeyer-4-Point-Hydro-restore
Bought the boat back in December. Just before Christmas. Mom (my wifes mother) always feels like we are still teenagers with nothing between us except the cloths on our backs. Add in that I'm unemployed and decided to start off this Resurrection Marine.com company thing to boot made her have to take action and save us. lol. So for a Christmas present and knowing what I paid for the Biese I got a card on Christmas eve with a check in it. We already know better then try to give it back so I give it to the wife for the general fund and to make mom feel better we would tell her that she bought the boat for the new company. Well this seemed to put a spark in the women and for almost being house bound she has to know whats going on with the boat daily and even made a couple trips to our house to see it in person. And this is from a woman that I don't think has ever been in a boat in her life. I keep telling her when it was done she is going for a ride (again this is a women who can barley get in and out of a special minivan) in the Bies and we were going to rip it up. Big smile every time.
Just as we are getting to the end of the project we are still missing a couple minor parts and we had the race boat going in the St Michaels boat show so we decided to put the Biese Project on hold for a couple weeks until the show was over. Mom followed the the whole "trail to the show" and daily updates when the show was going on, on my chances of winning anything.
Sunday comes and the wife and kids come down to the show (the only day they could) and about 10 minutes before the awards start the wife gets a phone call. Mom had fallen and they were taking her to the hospital as a precaution. If anything changed they would call back (the show was almost 70 miles away). I have to stay being I have to bring the boat and set up back and the wife is reassured on the phone that she should stay at least for the awards.
Like a minute after we did win an award the wife couldn't take it anymore and had to go. I was surprised she stayed as long as she did. She finds mom banged up a little, alert but groggy from some drugs. She tells me they are running test but for now everything is OK.
Long story short, Mom had a major stroke and he health nose dived from Monday night until this morning at 1:30am when she passed away.
During the show the parts came in and when I got home at night I finished the Biese project. Sadly mom went in the hospital the next day and never got a chance to see her finished boat. This last week with everything going on the boat has never crossed my mind until today. For some reason after 25+ years of it sitting in the weeds and us having it for 6 months I had to start it for the first time today. So mom if you are out there and still waiting on a ride, she's all done and I left it running for ya .......... love you ........ me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTEKYCXFXng

Offset
06-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Very sad indeed. My condolences to you and your family.

Rest in Peace.

dsparis
06-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Sorry to hear that, condolences.

Just Say N20
06-24-2012, 07:24 AM
Sorry to hear this news. Never know what to say.

Praying for you and your family.

mattyboy
06-24-2012, 07:50 AM
sorry for your loss, our prayers will be with you and your family

f_inscreenname
06-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Thank you folks.

Ghost
06-24-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Ed Donnelly
06-24-2012, 02:46 PM
So sorry to hear. A candle was lit for her today...Ed

silverghost
06-24-2012, 04:27 PM
I am so sorry for you, your wife's, & family's loss.
I know now that she wanted to see your new boat restoration business venture Restoration Marine,com prosper.

As many here of this forum know I am still trying to deal wih the loss of my Dad some two years later.
It is very hard~~~

You & your family & "MOM" are in my thoughts & prayers.

seabuddy
06-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Mark, Linda and I are sorry for your families' loss.

f_inscreenname
06-25-2012, 10:23 AM
On behalf of myself and my family we thank you all for your kind and comforting words.