PDA

View Full Version : need a speaker for Donzi seminar 2013

seabuddy
06-23-2012, 08:02 AM
There is a well attended Classic Boat Festival over the three days of Father's Day weekend, June 14,15,and June 16 in St. Michaels, MD. The Saturday before Father's Day, June 14, 2012 is seminar day and I would like to expose the classic boat show goers to Donzi Boats with a seminar about the Brand or some aspect of their place in Classic Boating. I also would love to see some classic Donzi on display, a boat or three in the Boats for Sale - Field of Dreams area (separate from the boats of show) and many a table top of parts for sale in the Nautical Flea Market plus a restoration/paint shop or two.

The show is broad based in all the Classic Boat brands, with a mix of fiberglass, one or three metal, and a fair amount of wood boats, with a most of the boats being pre-1974. The Show also has restoration shops and related vendors as well as a Nautical Themed Quality Arts and Crafts show. There were about 66 of these folks in 2012. Then there are Kids and early Teen events, plus lots of Awards (about 35 this past year).

With this broad Festival base, it is well attended. Say, 10,000 folks over the three days if the weather is dry. It is my position that a strong Classic Donzi presence would be good for the Brand and the show. A win-win.

I am asking about this early as I asked last year and we could not get it together in time.

By the way, Super Nova 24 won Best Race Boat in 2012 and a Donzi 14 got more than a few lookers while it was in the water at the 2012 (Boats for Show can be either on a trailer or in the water).

Friday is cruise and ride day, usually from 2 to 4PM. Saturday is Seminar Day from 11 AM to 5 PM. And Sunday is the Bar-B-Que were the Awards are given out. The rest of the Show goes on each of the three days.

Any thoughts?

seabuddy
06-24-2012, 09:02 AM
here is a link to the 2012 Award Winners...

http://www.chesapeakebayacbs.org/events-and-activities/chesapeake-bay-chapter-acbs-announces-2012-silver-anniversary-award-winners-of-its-st-michaels-classic-boat-festival.html

seabuddy
06-25-2012, 05:37 PM
here is a link to a Show overview... http://www.chesapeakebayacbs.org/events-and-activities/highlites-of-our-silver-anniversary-festival-june-15-17.html

f_inscreenname
06-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Keep it up Chris. You will find someone who likes to talk. :yes: