PDA

View Full Version : Super Nova Best Race boat award winner

seabuddy
06-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Super Nova won the "Best Race Boat" award at the 25th Annual Antique and Classic Boat Festival in St. Michaels, MD over Father's Day weekend. This was the Silver Anniversary of the event. The Nova Marine Super Nova 24 wowed the team of judges not only with how great the boat looks, but her restoration from what was there for someone to start with, her place in racing history, and how the boat owner took the extra time to set her up as a display in such a way that her two engines/one prop powertrain looked/could be inspected by the crowd from both inside and outside the boat. A set of steel stairs that allowed one to see the engines, vee drive, cockpit, etc. proved to be a most popular during the show.

That display did not allow for any rides, however, so come back next year and let us go for a two hour cruise from 2 to 4 PM next Friday, June 14,2012, Father's Day weekend!

seabuddy
06-18-2012, 12:56 PM
What a Race Boat, she is!

f_inscreenname
06-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Thank you sir. It was a honor to be there and to win something I have no words.
Will be back next. Maybe with the 19 this time. :wink:

Morgan's Cloud
06-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Wowsa .. big congrats to you f_ !

It's great to have 'one of our own' get such recognition and after all you've been through you deserve it.
Do you know why the Nova 24 is so special to me ? I may have related the story somewhere else before ..not sure though.

Maybe next year George or Scott can put their beauties in and guarantee a few more trophies for Donzi.net members.

Now , where's a photo of the award ? ? :kingme:

f_inscreenname
06-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Now , where's a photo of the award ? ?
here you go
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?67638-We-Won!!!

seabuddy
07-08-2012, 07:44 AM
The Chesapeake Bay Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society is still talking about this boat.

f_inscreenname
07-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Made the local paper. :)

Local Boaters Turn Hobbies Into Prize-Winning Achievements

http://pasadenavoice.com/community/2023-local-boaters-turn-hobbies-into-prize-winning-achievements