PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Z-25 Questions

Beechjetflyer
05-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Hi all,

New to forum, new to Donzi. I recently picked up a 1989 Z-25 with the OMC 460. It has 211 hours on it. I just put a new transom shift cable on it and shifts like new.

It's in amazing condition, it sat in Arizona on it's matching trail rite trailer. After going over the whole boat, its obvious the hours are actual.

I have a couple questions that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on. Mine does not have the standup bolster seats, it has captains on pedestals. Were the bolsters an option? On the switch panel there is a "seat" switch, what is this for? It has wires connected to it. The light post on the deck just in front of the windshield is a screw on type, what brand or type of pole light fits this? Any ideas on obtaining copies of an owners manual?

Thanks in advance.....

Ghost
05-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Beech,

Welcome to the forum. Don't know what options were available, but I was just aboard a Z25 of similar vintage ('86? '88 maybe?) and can add a data point. It has bolster-style seats on rectangular frames, but the seats are just seats. Best I recall, they don't have flipdowns such that they become stand-up bolsters. I could *imagine* there might have been a power seat option for sit down/stand-up bolsters, but that's totally speculation on my part. Be interesting to know where the wires go.

No idea on getting old owners manuals. Maybe Josh at DonziDirect might have an idea. He's on this board as DonziJosh, and their ads are often on the top of the screen.

I think your light base is a Perko, maybe one of these:
http://www.perko.com/catalog/category/navigation_lights_under_20_meters/product/26/
http://www.perko.com/catalog/category/navigation_lights_under_20_meters/product/27/

Best of luck with it,

Mike

Phil S
05-30-2012, 07:52 AM
Hi Beech -

Ghost's description is right on....no drop down bolster's on mine. Interesting that you have pedestals though. I've looked at a lot of pics of interiors of the Z-25's and not come across a picture of one with pedestals.

The seat switch on mine is wired to a motor under the driver's seat and basically is a power fore / aft seat.

Your boat sounds like a real gem....post up some pics when you get a chance.

Kind regards,
Phil S.