PDA

View Full Version : Post for the Gorge Run

The Hedgehog
05-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Everyone post if you are coming....even if you actually told me. Pending on what time of the evening it was.....well:pimp:

It is gonna be a good one this year! The prelim count is looking strong but we need an idea for lunch at Goose Pond and Dinner

BUIZILLA
05-21-2012, 06:50 PM
:shades:

Last Real Texan
05-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Yes I am coming....boat is even already there waiting for my arrival!!!!:shocking::shocking::shocking:

Ghost
05-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Two in, here.

Donzi Vol
05-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Vol checking in...

RedDog
05-22-2012, 06:04 AM
2 coming but likely after the Goose Pond lunch

dsparis
05-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Was there a couple of weeks ago.

roadtrip se
05-22-2012, 10:33 AM
The MWDC is bringing Delmonicos to be prepared over an open fire Saturday night.

To get one on order, please be counted!

Two more for T&J.

See you all there!

duckhunter
05-22-2012, 12:45 PM
We'll be there sometime Thurs morning and stay thru the weekend in a floating cabin. Two couples, one boat, a full tank of gas and a half pack of smokes.

Still waiting to find out exactly what I need to bring for "Bushwacker" fixins...

The Hedgehog
05-22-2012, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

A bottle of rum is always good!

Team Jefe
05-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Count Me in Plus a Red Bikini Clad Hottie :kingme:

Sweet Cheekz
05-23-2012, 06:59 AM
2 boats 4 people arrive Thursday evening
Sorry I missed aoth will make this no matter what
Parnell

roadtrip se
05-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Sorry guys, but our plans have changed. We are out for this run and I was really looking forward to it.
For those of you that I still owe AOTH t-shirts to, I will get them in the mail to you shortly.

Team Jefe
05-23-2012, 11:27 AM
As the resident virgin.... yeah I know, right!!.... what do I need to bring Food wise. Todd's note on Steaks has me curious. I'm not really a Steak guy... To much Beef for me (odd being aTexan), I'm more of a Stuffed Pork Chop dude (as my belly can attest).

So, how much cooking is done?

Sweet Cheekz
05-29-2012, 06:21 AM

Sorry to hear that Todd but you know I know exactly how you guys feel
Hope all is well
Parnell

aaronsdad
05-30-2012, 03:59 AM
I'm coming to the gorge run with my 28 Nordic. Aaron unfortunately has to work. Need specific info on lodging, registration etc...

The Hedgehog
05-30-2012, 01:03 PM

We would love to have you.

halesbarmarina.com. If they can't help you, let me know. There is a Holiday Inn express a few miles away on Kimball.

All you need to do is show up. We will all be hanging around A dock.

Send me a pm if you run into any snags.

roadtrip se
05-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Well, after some logistics work and finagling around, we are back in the run. Looking forward to seeing almost everyone and hanging out with the folks who have a true understanding of what these runs are all about. See you there.

gero1
05-30-2012, 11:21 PM
looking forward to seeing almost everybody??? come on tripper cheer up lil buddy!:yes:

roadtrip se
05-31-2012, 07:44 AM
A clown in every crowd or someone that thinks they are. To quote the Weasel, bite me, "lil buddy".

Z-Man
05-31-2012, 09:21 PM
Currently have 3 committed for the Gorge Run.

Donzi Vol
05-31-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm seeing good things here...

Sweet Cheekz
06-02-2012, 07:49 AM

Well done sir

Parnell

richard011
06-03-2012, 11:26 AM

I live in fountain city and go to norris a lot.Didnt know about any Donzi activity in the area?We should meet at lake sometime.I have a 22 classic....Richard

Donzi Vol
06-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Richard,

Shoot me a PM sometime. We've got another another F. City guy (cutwater), RedDog and I are in South Knox, and a few more scattered about the area. I love Norris...grew up there, but now I mostly visit Ft. Loudon.

All the best,
David

duckhunter
06-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Ok, less than a week and we will be floating in Chattanooga! I've hopefully got the boat ready :crossfing: and now Mama is asking me about the rest of the logistics. We've got four folks in our crew staying in a floating cabin. What should we plan to bring for meals? Some breakfast & snack stuff? Do most folks eat out or BBQ at the dock for dinner?

I have a big pile of stuff gathering in the garage (ie folding chairs, coolers, tools, etc). Having never done one of these kinds of events I suspect that I am either over or under prepared... My general inclination is to rather have it and not need it, especially when it comes to keeping the wives comfortable. Is there any other "nice to have" stuff that we should throw in the boat/truck?

I would apppreciate any helpful hints that gorge run veterans might have... Thanks!

duckhunter

The Hedgehog
06-13-2012, 09:20 AM

Sme of us are here already. I have to run to a meeting tonight but will be back around noon. Come on. Basically you need clothes and a boat. If no boat, you can tach a ride. Any side that goes with grilling will work for Sat night. Refshments are always appreciated

Ghost
06-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Just pulled in...

roadtrip se
06-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Get the place warmed up Ghost. We're right behind ya!

Donzi Vol
06-14-2012, 10:32 AM
My ETA is somewhere between 6 and 8 tonight. See you soon, boys!

duckhunter
06-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Made it home yesterday afternoon. Took the midgets to the river today for some tubing in exchange for a boat wash. They just got done rinsing off the last little bit of Hale's, along with some mysterious drink stains. Looked like a combination of Miller lite, rum panty droppers, and what I hope was a bushwhacker...

Epic weekend without a doubt - the "other slow boat" and crew are definitely on board for next year. Huge thumbs up and thanks to Hedgehog, Inferno, LRT, MP, Zman, and the rest of the motley crew for putting on such a great event and welcoming the new guys. Now we know what to expect for next year and will prepare accordingly. Mrs. duckhunter just rolled her eyes when I cracked open the Summit Racing catalog....

Sweet Cheekz
06-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Hey Duck
Nice meeting you and your crew Thanks for the battery loan.
Parnell

Donzi Vol
06-20-2012, 10:01 PM
It was a great time as always. I've been wishing that I were still there all week. It was a blast playing around and catching up with everyone. Hopefully we'll see each other sooner rather than later. Good to meet you and your crew, duckhunter. I see a blower in your future soon if Dre has anything to do with it.

To anyone concerned about the ONE boat that went down (mine), I'm about 90% sure that it's the U-joint. The boys at A-dock helped me figure it out after they said, "Hmmm...pull it over here for a minute."

All the best,
David