PDA

View Full Version : Malware on the site?

Ghost
05-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Tried to send a PM, got a bunch of new browser sessions spawning out of control. Just curious if anyone else has seen anything like this? Happened to me twice now.

Using IE 8, with Macafee virus/firewall as a service.

jl1962
05-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Nope.
Never.
:crossfing:

VetteLT193
05-08-2012, 07:05 AM
sounds like you have it on your pc VS. this site. get no Adaware and it should clean it up for you. it's made by lavasoft if memory serves correct.

Ghost
05-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Thanks.

VetteLT193
05-11-2012, 09:48 AM
you aren't crazy... I was at the Dr.'s office, in the waiting room, killing time so I pulled up the site on my phone. I got redirected to another site on the first try. on the second try I got in. This was clicking the donzi.net link from google.

Ghost
07-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Quick follow up...before trying Vette's recommendation, I tried something my local IT contact offered up: malwarebytes.org. Downloaded that, installed, and scanned and it found one problem on my PC. That's fixed a bunch of things I can see, some when using this site. So I definitely had at least one problem local to my PC, and maybe was observing some other problems (stuff on my PC and/or stuff on the site).

Thanks again for the tip and the parallel observations.

Mike

MOP
07-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Add the free version of Super Anti Spyware, a bit better than Malwarebytes. I have both along with Microsoft Security Essentials which is also a free AV suite from Microsoft. MSE is not a memory hog like Norton McAfee has kept me clean for nearly three years, been running it since the beta realease.

tmh
07-05-2012, 08:52 PM
After reading MOP's and Ghost's comments about malware I downloaded Super Anti Spyware and did a Quickscan of my computer. It came up with 650 adware threats and 12 registry file/threat issues. My computer speakers weren't working for the past 3 days and I couldn't get my musicserver to recognize the media server to play my digital files on the big stereo system. After getting rid of the identified files/threats my computer speakers work as well as being able to access the media server for the musicserver.

I'll comment about how pleased I am that I replaced my CD player for my stereo with a musicserver. The musicserver consists of a high quality DAC (digital analog converter) and a bridge which feeds the musicserver from an external hard drive or from the internet for internet radio stations. I have downloaded hundreds of CD's and high resolution files to the external hard drive and the DAC sounds better with the files being fed from the hard drive than from the actual CD's. I can also access all the internet radio stations on the musicserver and there are hundreds and hundreds of stations. I use an ITouch or my IPhone for my remote control for the musicserver and I can scroll through my downloaded CD's and create playlists and access songs instantly or I can flip from one internet radio station to the next. All this can be played on my big stereo system in the living room. I listened to more music in 2 weeks than I listened to in the previous 5 years. The sound quality for the digital files is superior to CD's and actually approaches analog sound. I can't express how wonderful it is to have access to hundreds of CD's instantly by a couple touches of the ITouch. I have never had digital music sound this good and I have not played an album on the turntable for months now. Albums still sound best but not by much. Computer based music can be wonderful, convenient, and almost life changing if you like to listen to music.
T.M. Hayes

Ghost
07-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Cool--can I ask whose DAC you like?

Ed Donnelly
07-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Do you have Jose Feliciano High Heel Sneakers you can forward me????..Ed

tmh
07-06-2012, 05:45 PM
I have the PS Audio DAC and the related bridge. I never thought of PS Audio as being high end but their DAC and the bridge are quite nice. Their latest power conditioner may be the best on the current market, although I haven't purchased one to date. The DAC does a phenomenal job of reading the digital input, virtually eliminating jitter you get playing a CD, and it plays high resolution files wonderfully. High resolution files for a quality recording really can compete with the best analog source/recordings. If interested, the DAC/bridge can be purchased at significant discount off list price as I bought it new at a $1500 discount and it was drop shipped directly to my house. The previous, as well as the latest, version appear to be highly regarded in the press and I am as happy as can be. I've had mine for 16 months now and I upgraded to the latest version which was a slight improvement. You don't need a preamp as the DAC has a volume control, but a very high quality preamp yields a small improvement. I don't use a preamp so I can use my Itouch as a remote for volume control, as well as for accessing digital files and internet radio stations. Having my entire digital music library at the touch of a button is unbelievably convenient and is probably the reason I'm so enamored with going to a musicserver. This was almost a life changing experience for me, as silly as that may sound.

I don't have Jose Feliciano High Heel Sneakers or I'd send you a copy. Blues, jazz, big band, and late 60's-70's rock/blues comprise my selections. I listen to Radio Swing Worldwide on internet radio a lot while I work. The songs from the 30's and 40's are so wholesome compared to rap and hip hop that it can almost bring a tear to my eyes.

Sorry about going on a tangent but the malware thread got me up and running again and many people don't know how convenient and great a digital musicserver can be.

T.M. Hayes

mike o
07-06-2012, 05:53 PM
T M, Send Ed Glen Millers "In the Mood" then.......:D