PDA

View Full Version : Bench Seat Hornet "The Ultimate" update.

Scott Pearson
04-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Here are a few more pictures of the progress. Motor compartment is getting smoothed out and underside of deck is in gelcoat. Still need to core hull sides and smooth them off when finished. Motor compartment will be the same color as the outside of the boat and finished the same way.

Bobby D
04-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Scott you do excellent work, I look forward to following your progress and learning as you move forward

mattyboy
04-21-2012, 06:58 AM
looks great

MDonziM
04-21-2012, 07:45 AM
Looks great Scott, those stringers look plenty strong. I assume the 427 is going back in?

Question, how rare is a 69' st. tropez in good/orig condition... considering a project.

Thanks - Marshall

mattyboy
04-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Marshall

they built about a 100 St Tropez from 1965 til 1976 they are not that common, not sure if it was their intended use as a fish boat or the open deck layout most seem to have been lost to rot. I am not a CC or fish boat kind of guy but my limited time in a St Tropez opened my eyes. it is a fun boat, handles and performs pretty well with moderate power. a modernized one with a t-top side by side sand up drop out boilsters with a nicely appointed bow seat would be a great boat.that time also solidified my need for a benchseat.

mphatc
04-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Marshall,

I too found that boat FS online . . won't steal from you, but if you don't want it, I do . . . . I'm way up in NH, and can't get down to LI for a couple of weeks, . . so if you buy it and change your mind, I'll take the flip at your cost ..

Perfect to replace my Boston Whaler 15' Sport . . and would allow me to move my Corsican and have a functional working boat to haul stuff back and forth to my island and not use the big Magnum . . A Corsican, and Whaler and the Magnum 27 . . something has got to go and I prefer to keep only two boats . .the Whaler rides to rough

Now back to Hornet conversation, sorry for the topic interrupt Scott!

Mario L.