PDA

View Full Version : Alphas, inline six motors, a whole boatload...

Ghost
04-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Got a bunch of stuff for sale.

Eventually I will get around to more detail, but I could be a while posting everything. It's a LOT of stuff to itemize and if I bother with all that work, I'll probably put it on eBay. But I figured I'd let people here know generally what's available. If anything strikes any chords or might be of use, we can talk. I'm open to bundling stuff, selling pieces, whatever.

I have all this stuff because my Cig project really wanted a new transom, so I decided to go for the added power and reduced weight by putting a single motor in it, given I was going to pay for the blank slate anyway. So I'm selling all the old running gear.

Basically, I have

two complete standard rotation 1.50 alphas and transom assemblies (circa 1995 I was told by the previous owner. They have different style lowers, I have no idea why. I have the serials and will post those. Both ran fine last year.).
two 19" stainless RH props
two 292 cu in inline 6 motors, completely disassembled and ready for rebuilds (blocks are beautifully cleaned, bored for .040 over, ready for honing). I think if you rebuilt, you'd want to replace the usual stuff. And would need larger cylinders with the increased bore. Chances are almost nobody here will want the motors and the old inline-6 car market will be more interested.
ignition was upgraded to modern sytems, all that stuff is available
a third (spare) inline 6 head (Yes, you can look at me like I have 3 heads.)
two very old but kinda interesting custom COPPER combination intake/exhaust manifolds (no cast iron). At casual inspection these appear to still be serviceable. The motors ran fine with them last year. I can't wait to weigh them and find out the scrap value of the copper alone...
the original two-barrel Rochester carbs (these were essentially the 180HP setup, best I can tell). Ran fine last year.
and all the rest of the motor parts, you'd expect, cams, cranks, pans, rods, starters, fuel pumps, water pumps, etc.
I think one of the cranks might want to be replaced, but I don't know the details. Didn't get that far into machine-shop conversations before I switched plans from rebuilding these to going the single motor route.
I think one motor was aligned badly and the coupler needs replacing. (I belive the splines on both drives are fine, however.)
I THINK the trim pumps are the old style (high presure, low volume) and the newer (low pressure, high volume) ones would be better for the this setup. Of course, if anyone is looking for the old style pumps...
an old power steering setup with internal tie-rod, for the pair

I don't know exact prices for everything individually as I haven't reached the itemizing stage yet. I intend to be more than reasonable. Did a little back-of-the-envelope estimation and divided the total in half for longtime friends on the board here. You can certainly have it all for 2 grand. (Did you ever think you could have it all for only two grand? ;) )

That price is NOT firm, just what I thought would be a good deal for anyone. I could be WAY wrong in either direction until I do more homework on what stuff is worth. But I will ABSOLUTELY honor the 2 grand price until I do that homework and find out I was wrong.

Feel free to post questions here or PM. I'm in Maryland, with almost all of the stuff right here. A small amount is still up in Michigan at Orlandi Performance, where my Cig is getting loving and expert attention.

Mike