PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Pachanga 22 - thoughts???

tjags
04-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Guys, I'm looking for some help. I found a good Pachanga for sale and would like you opinions. It's a 1990 w a BBC matted to a bravo. I know this is the optimal set up, but it is also a 22 year old combo. What should I look for when inspecting?

Also, any experience good/bad with a Pachanga would help too. Everything I read seems positive.

Thanks.

Jags

MOP
04-13-2012, 05:47 AM
Any boat can have issues most live a very long time, all the answers you are looking fore are the same with all boats. You can try to do your own inspection looking for possible wet stringers/transom, delamination etc but the best advice if you get real serious is to call in a local surveyor or even a glass-man either of which will know where to look. I always recommend a oil sample for the engine, there is no other way to get a good reading on its internals without a tear down.

tjags
04-13-2012, 08:01 AM
I've done quite a bit of research, but I like the idea of an inspection and oil sample. Any other thoughts on the Pachanga? Seems to be well respected for a decent cruiser with the ability to go-fast when wanted. Plus the Cuddy for the wife and newborn is a must.

I wanted a 22zx but the step scares me!