PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Baby 14

SamIam
04-09-2012, 11:01 PM
The yellow Baby 14 has a new home.
Made the 24+ hour trip home safe and sound.
Had a little delay on the way home: The high pressure fuel pump went out on my Duramax. I would like to thank the guys at Sullivan Chevrolet in Ocala for getting me back on the road in a day. Very nice people to deal with.

I also would like to thank Bert for all his help with my little Donzi. I can only hope that my boat will turn out as nice as his, WOW...

I am planning on using the boat this summer as it is and doing a restoration on it this winter. Regel, correct rub rail, decals, vents, new DONZI scripts, etc...

The boat is an original yellow gelcoat boat. I am hoping that I will be able to find the correct items that are missing on the boat.
I would like to thank everyone in advance for any info/advice they may...
I also have some 'items' that I think might be REAL fun to try out...

Rob M
04-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Nice boat!...and welcome to the club. Great that you will be undertaking a restoration, we can compare notes on our progress.

I have the proper spec windshield template if you decide to replace the one on your boat with one similar to original. I plan to go without a windshield on mine.

What engine is the one pictured?

Rob

SamIam
04-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks Rob!
The engine pictured is a 140 Mercruiser with a M&W? turbo. The motor was built with the turbo in mind, low comp JE pistons, head and main studs, etc. Dyno'd at 240 hp.
Not sure how it will work in the 14, but we'll see....
Excited to see how the 14 will respond to the Alpha SS.
I have another complete 120 Mercruiser package for the boat.
I will probably run with out the windshield, but would like to see how it would look with it.

BUIZILLA
04-11-2012, 11:30 AM
cool little engine, i'm impressed.... water cooled intake? M&W did use the Rajay 300 series single feed watercooled TH turbo for a couple applications, if you will PM me the part number off it (should be a tag) I will print you the schematics for it that I have in the office here..

SamIam
04-11-2012, 07:20 PM
I will do that.
Thanks.