PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery

ralph crocker
04-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Looking for input on recovering with real pleated material or am thinking of using the fake pleated stuff. I had the fake stuff in my 81 ski boat and it went thru a lot finally giving out after 25 years. My guess is cost to recover with fake stuff is a third of real pleated.
Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

woobs
04-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Well,
I would say it depends on how long you think you'll keep this boat.

If a sale in the next 2 to 3 seasons is a possibility I would make her as stock as they come as you will not have to live with it long and you will not hurt the marketability of the boat

If selling in the next few seasons is unlikely, you can decide how much you like the stock look and if you can live with it. If you still feel like personalizing, I would get 2 or 3 upholsterers to give ideas and prices.

Then if you like the custom look you'll probably enjoy your boat more and maybe keep it even longer. Of course if you try to save some cash with fake pleated seats and don't like it...you'll sell her sooner and for less money.

thatgirl
04-08-2012, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}if it is a classic 16 18 or22 dont put the fake stuff. check out my post on custom interior[/QUOTE]

olredalert
04-08-2012, 10:54 PM
----Ralph,,,Its not a fake Donzi is it??? Can you guess the direction Id go???.......Bill S

gcarter
04-09-2012, 07:04 AM
You can't (or rather, the upholsterer can't) really do the front seats w/the pre pleated stuff. It just won't really work.
It'll be obvious to the least casual observer.

ralph crocker
04-09-2012, 07:23 AM
Thanks guys. Real stuff it is!!!!!!!! You can't take it with you. Heck with the kids. LOL

Just Say N20
04-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Good call Ralph. You would hate to spend the money on "fake," and then be so unhappy with it that you then turned around and spent all the money to get it done correctly.

woobs
04-09-2012, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]
Thanks guys. Real stuff it is!!!!!!!! You can't take it with you. Heck with the kids. LOL

Good choice.