PDA

View Full Version : How can I get my 'for sale' ad into boats for sale

wwahl
03-30-2012, 08:04 PM
I have been trying for a couple of weeks to do this but with no success. Am I missing the secret handshake?

Just Say N20
03-30-2012, 08:31 PM
The site owner, Harbormaster, implemented a policy a while ago that every post to the Donzi's for sale section would be delayed until he could personally approve them. This was done to take control over the posting of some negative comments about boats that had been listed.

Harbormaster is continuing to deal with his own set of personal health issues, and I would guess this might inhibit his ability to participate in the site as frequently.

This is speculation, because I haven't communicated with him for a while.

I would just keep posting it.

And, there is no secret handshake. Not that I'm admitting to anyway. :)

Offset
03-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Not sure what to tell you but I posted mine the other night and 15 minutes or so later the ad was there. Seldom do I stumble onto the secret handshakes, so I don't think that is the problem!!

Strange that you cannot get your ad to post. Just try again and see what happens.

Good luck with it.

Ghost
03-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Bill's exactly right, Harbormaster has his hands full with more important things than almost any of us are facing. No secret handshake, my guess is he just missed it. You might PM him. He'll take care of it. And best of luck with your sale.

Best regards,

Mike

wwahl
03-30-2012, 11:33 PM
I have posted the information twice, plus already sent a PM to the Harbormaster a while ago. No luck for me. I bought another Donzi that was shown in this 'For Sale' list and now need to reduce the fleet by selling my older boat.

Conquistador_del_mar
03-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Under the circumstances why not just post it under another catagory like performance that so many members read? Just a thought, Bill

Donziweasel
03-31-2012, 09:01 AM
Scot, the owner, has some health issues and only check in on the site every few days and it can be as long as ten days. Not only do new threads need to be approved, but posts as well. Yes, not a very efficient way of selling boats, but it is what it is. Just be patient. If you want to speak personally with him about it, you can always call him at Victory Marine in Texas. He is a nice guy and I am sure your ad simply got missed.

wwahl
03-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Yes! My boat for sale got published. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Bill