PDA

View Full Version : Speaker setups on a 22

RockyS18
03-29-2012, 02:03 PM
I've been thinking of various upgrades for my Donzi besides engine upgrades, and speakers came to mind. I currently have the stock white sony speakers installed (Not sure what the model name/number is, but they are the stock ones on a 2009. I can find out if necessary.) and I was looking to upgrade for an overall higher quality of sound, and maybe even add a subwoofer. What speakers would you guys recommend? Preferably 6.5" so I don't have to do any drilling, but I can work with bigger sizes too. Also, where would I put the subwoofer if I was to install one?

Thanks for your help

mike o
04-03-2012, 08:55 AM
I swapped out for JL Audio 6.5's in the back. And JL Audio's 7.7's with the separate tweeters down under. You only have to open up the opening a little for the 7.7's. The 7.7's suck up 100 watts RMS from an amp installed up under the deck per Ranmans suggestion's. No need for a sub with these JL 7.7's with the gain options on the amp front and back. IMHO........:cool!:

RockyS18
04-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Thanks Mike. did you put that amp in the small built in container up front, or is it tucked away somewhere else?

mike o
04-05-2012, 09:13 AM
I cut a piece of 3/4" plywood, painted on one side + edges and used 3M 5200 to hold the piece of wood up under the deck ,then let it cure. I held it up using the pole from the cockpit cover, 16" behind the gages just behind the stereo deck. Then screwed the amp to that wood so I can remove the amp anytime. It held through 3 - 4 poker runs, last summer including the weekend I saw you @ LG. There's slight radius in the curve under the deck, so apply lots of 5200 to the middle of the piece of wood so it squeezes out the edges. You can add a sub later if you want from dedicated outputs from the amp later if you need more Bass. Which I doubt you Will need. Just buy a high quality 5 channel amp with gain and bass boast controls for all 5 channels. Bring your boat to Winni this yr........:yes: Get some helicopter pic's taken of that beauty.....:kingme:

RockyS18
04-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks Mike for your help

If Winni is the same weekend it was last year, I don't think I can make it. This is a very busy summer ahead of me