PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Disrespect

Jraysray
03-29-2012, 10:08 AM
I know it's cut and paste but it's worth sharing.

"There is really something wrong with our country, when people laugh at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier" Click on the link below.

No Laughing at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier <http://www.allproudamericans.com/No-Laughing-at-the-Tomb-of-the-Unknown-Soldier.html>

The guard sternly, "shut up" a group of people laughing at the Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier.
Not a peep was heard afterwards.
Notice how he went about it....stepped off the black mat, made his comments, proceeded to the end of the mat without getting back on until he reached the end....then stepped onto the black mat again, began his 21 steps again.

Ghost
03-29-2012, 11:01 AM
A shame that official respect for the known living soldier and veteran compares so unfavorably with that for the unknown dead.

Team Jefe
03-29-2012, 11:25 AM
That's Good Bull Scott!! oh Sorry "Good Bull" is aTexas Aggie Term for "Really Frickin' Awesome!!!!"

f_inscreenname
03-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Sometimes people need a little reminder to not be an a$$.

Carl C
03-30-2012, 07:22 AM
I love it. I put it on my FB.

Lively-one
04-01-2012, 09:23 PM
I have been there and I believe I went through the gambit of emotions that most would typically experience while at this sacred place...silliness and laughter were not among them. Witnessing the guard on his unrelenting vigil over this unknown soldier is something I will never forget.

Carl C
04-02-2012, 07:42 AM
I've had a little debate with a friend. He says the Guard said "This is a request.." To me it sounds like he said "This is a question..". Who's right? If you google Old Guard Tomb of the unknown soldier you will learn some amazing facts about these Guards and their history and the history of guarding the memorial.

glashole
04-02-2012, 08:28 AM
"it is requested, that everyone........"

Carl C
04-02-2012, 08:39 AM
""it is requested, that everyone........"

Yup, that's it! I wonder if he broke any official rules by doing that although I doubt he would be reprimanded anyway.