PDA

View Full Version : 1979 25' Martini SS

Conquistador_del_mar
03-22-2012, 12:56 AM
I will be selling the Martini that I bought last year since I replaced it with the 28' Warlock this year. I fixed any problems I found with it and did a full maintenance on it after buying it. It is ready to go and is presently winterized with antifreeze. Here is a link to the thread I started on it. It comes with a nice trailer, a Sunbrella bimini top with ss frame (I never used it), a custom cockpit cover(I never used this either), a custom made Sunbrella mooring cover which I use as a dust cover, and a new gauge type depth sounder with alarm that I never installed in it. The boat has always been stored inside and it shows. It was run twice in brackish water - other than that it is a fresh water only boat with about 550 original hours on it. I already contacted a couple guys on this forum about it with no bites so far. I will be listing it locally in craigslist for $15,000, but I will sell it for $13,000 here. If anyone has an interest, contact me at DGill25960@aol.com. Thanks, Bill

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?64237-1979-26-Martini

boldts
03-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Bill, just wanted to wish you luck on selling your Martini. Thank-you for the link back to your story of 1st finding and buying the boat. I had never heard of a Martini, but then until finding this website, I didn't know what I had in my 1969 18' Holman Moody Donzi Classic. I don't regret upgrading to the 22' Classic I had, but I'd love to have that 18 back now.

Wish I had a truck and the $$$$ to buy your Martini. It truly is a beautiful boat and I believe having you as an owner in it's life has just improved the boat. I live in Ohio with Lake Erie just a few hours away. Very shallow lake that the slightest wind kicks it up tremendously. Used to love running the 18 Classic up there on that lake because in 69' the boat didn't have a bunch of weight in flotation products. It used to fly the waves so straight and soft. Often times being faster than bigger, newer boats with drivers who only knew how to get more speed by over triming their boats. LOL I'd look back and all you saw was their boat bouncing up and down while I was level and hitting the gas as soon as the prop hit the water again. I had the Volvo 250 with no trim and a 302 Ford engine in that boat.

Sorry to be so long. I don't believe your boat will be for sale very long even in today's economy. Thank-you again for the introduction to the 25' Martini SS.

Conquistador_del_mar
03-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Scott,
Thanks for the story about boating on Lake Erie - we also have a relatively large lake with the same resulting big waves when the wind kicks up which it often does here in north Texas. A few years ago one of my boat stall renters hit a big wave in his Baja trying to outrun a storm. It threw him up and back down on the windshield where it knocked him out and he went overboard and drowned. Very sad day. We took out the Donzi 23' fishing boat this past Sunday for the first time in a heavy wind, but it held its own very well in the huge waves. A guy just needs to have a little experience and a calm head.
I'm happy to have owned the Martini and I will without a doubt miss it. It is such a great condition old school boat - almost a time capsule. It drives like a dream and handles the rough stuff like a champ with no spray coming in the cockpit, but I never took it out on one of our roughest days. I think as soon as I get a craigslist ad running it will sell by the following weekend, but you never know. I had 3 guys try to buy it last summer when I had no interest in selling it so I know it will have a following. Thanks again, Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
03-25-2012, 12:51 AM
I pulled the Martini out in the fabulous day we had here today for a photo shoot to get some pictures for my ad on craigslist. Here are 5 of my favorites. Bill

Ghost
03-25-2012, 12:57 AM
She's gorgeous. Had I not bought the Cig last year, I'd have already mailed you a check for the Martini.

(Quick aside, do you know what throttle/shifter that is, and whether someone customized it to shorten the shift lever or lengthen the throttle?)

Conquistador_del_mar
03-25-2012, 02:23 AM
Thanks so much! I am thinking about taking it off the market after seeing it again today since I really don't need the money as much as space right now. Space I can find - another boat like this, not. I thought this shot would tell the throttle brand, but it doesn't. My memory is Morse (possibly Mercury), but I will try to remember to check tomorrow when I go to take the 23' Donzi fishing boat out again. No, I think the shifter was made shorter - not modified. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
03-25-2012, 09:52 PM
When Deanna and I pulled off the lake earlier this evening I ran into an old customer/friend on the ramp. He was shocked to see my Donzi fishing boat which he complimented highly. After talking for a few minutes, I mentioned that I might be selling the Martini. He made me promise to sell it to him when I made up my mind so I consider it sold at this point. He showed me pictures of his new 24' Grand Craft triple cockpit mahoghany boat that he bought last fall at Lake Tahoe - absolutely gorgeous! Bill

Greg Guimond
03-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Must make you feel good Bill to have the Martini going to someone local who will take proper care of it. It really looks like a time capsule :yes:

Conquistador_del_mar
03-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Greg,
Dean was one of the 3 guys who wanted to buy the Martini last year. I was going to call him about it soon, but it worked out that we ran into each other first. He did not flinch at my asking price since he also knows you can't find boats like it for such little money. He will take really good care of it like he does everything else once I decide to sell it after making sure the Warlock will work out like I hope. Bill

JimG
03-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Holy crap! That Martini is gorgeous! Love the old school dash!

Conquistador_del_mar
03-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Holy crap! That Martini is gorgeous! Love the old school dash!

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Jim! It runs and drives just as well as it looks. The Revolution 4 21P prop really works great. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
03-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Ghost,
Before I get out doing my yard work I came in to let you know the throttle is a Mercontrol which is embossed in both the handles at the bases. I just couldn't quite read it in the pictures so I checked this afternoon. Bill

Ghost
03-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Ahhh, no kidding, Mercontrol, that kinda explains why in my recent travels I hadn't seen it. Thanks MUCH for checking it. The original on the Cig is a dual-lever DUAL-action Mercontrol. (I actually like it, feature-wise, relative to the Morse MT-3.) I've found some others, but hadn't run across a dual-control single action like the Martini's. I dig it, and it looks like it's brand new in the pic.

Lively-one
03-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Absolutely a beautiful boat Bill...congrats on the sale. I am pleased you sold it for another reason...as I would have probably bought it and now I can also avoid the cost of a divorce.

Conquistador_del_mar
03-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Quite honestly, I also prefer the dual action throttles instead of having to shift with a separate handle probably because I grew up with them. The one on the Martini really does look like new, but most of the 33 year old hardware also looks like new since it was evidently babied and garaged its whole life - also no salt water use to speak of. Some of the gauges are a little faded though, but they all work perfectly.
If I can work it out with Dean, we might both go out this next weekend. He could drive the Martini while I drive the Warlock for a long run where I could take some videos of the Martini and Warlock running. If I am happy with the Warlock and he is pleased with the Martini we might consumate the deal next weekend. I would know if the Warlock could take the place of the Martini after running them together.

Conquistador_del_mar
03-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Adam,
I am glad for your sake that it has all worked out like it has - :wink:

Conquistador_del_mar
03-31-2012, 12:30 AM
Dean, the potential buyer, came by my business this afternoon with his wife and another friend. He wanted his wife to see the Martini and their friend wanted to see my 1971 18' Donzi which she wanted to buy (not for sale). Since I have a wedding to attend this Sunday, we made an agreement to get together the following Sunday so he can drive the Martini and I can drive the Warlock for a 50-100 mile cruise while I take some videos. He will be able to check out the Martini while I check out the Warlock. I look forward to that day!! :yes: Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
04-07-2012, 12:01 AM
This week I have had two men who saw this thread contact me via email about buying the Martini. If something does not work out with Dean, I will post it here. However, it looks like Dean will probably buy it. I am probably selling it for too little since I have had so much interest, but I will come out alright with my price. Thanks, Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
04-07-2012, 06:40 PM
I fired the Warlock on the hose for the first time this afternoon so I am ready to take it out tomorrow. It sounds great and all the gauges work, but the alternator is apparently not working. I should be fine for tomorrow afternoon's run though. Bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBlmy_Cj8OY

Conquistador_del_mar
04-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Bummed. We had thundershowers all night and this morning with more rain on the way this afternoon - :nilly: The Martini/Warlock outing will just have to wait. Best laid plans.............. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
04-08-2012, 11:48 PM
The weather cleared out and we went out late this afternoon afterall. Dean loves the Martini and bought it today. We cruised for around 40 miles before coming in. Here are a couple videos I made today. The second video is when Dean pulled into his lakehouse ramp to meet with his wife. Bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8J3RUBMJM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1JqzDNoxw

CHACHI
04-09-2012, 05:56 AM
Bill, congrats on the sale.

Ken

Conquistador_del_mar
04-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks Ken,
A bonus is that Dean will be storing it at my boat storage business in the same stall that it was in. Bill

lars
04-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Congratulations to The Conquistador and His Armada. Got to say Bill that even though Your Warlock was such an incredible find, especially for that kind of money, I must say I'm mostly pleased with the happy solution to the Martini issue. There is just something magical about that boat's old school look and original condition it's in. The color scheme, hardware and how pleasing it looks with the beautiful woodwork is just hard to top. That You managed to find a caretaker among, as I understand, Your acquaintances and now a new friend is fantastic. Having the Martini in Your storage is just the cream on the ice-cream. Love the videos and look forward to follow Your adventures with the Warlock and the Top Gun.[/

Conquistador_del_mar
04-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks Lars,
I just got back into town from a week trip to deal with some family matters. Now all we need to do is get the Eliminator Daytona into your care - :umbrella:

lars
04-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Yes You know my weakness for that little beauty Bill. I also personally think that there might be a quota on

California Customs for Texans and You might be in the risk zone soon :wink:

Well look forward to Your documentation of the Warlock experience. I follow it with great intertest and

I believe Greg is very pleased he was able to help steering her into Your sheltered anchorage. It looks

to be perfect match making in motion this time :pimp:

Greg Guimond
05-21-2019, 12:47 PM
Redone 1979 26 martini 800hp
original 1979 martini restored in 2001 by previous owner Then completely redone by me in 2016.
-2011 aluminum all star trailer bought new by me.
-Custom paint: starfire pearl from Lexus a lot of custom fiberglass work on hull.
-custom interior baby blue with lime green stitching
-power: 565ci big block 800hp
-drive train: bravo One casing with all bravo xr guts, imco shorty lower unit with solid one piece fat shaft.
-steering: dual ram Latham hydraulic steering
-brand new gen 3 stainless marine exhaust with 5 inch tail pipes
-the bottom of the boat was blue printed to give the boat the correct attitude and handling at high speed.
-Audio: JL audio speakers and sub
-throttles: Livorsi platinum throttles
-gauges: gaffrig performance gauges and trim indicator( carbon fiber with fat platinum bezel)

The boat ran 100mph @ 5800 rpm with a 32 4 blade stock prop.
EVERYTHING WAS PURCHASED NEW BY ME AND IS A TURN KEY BOAT. Over 85k invested into this boat. It’s a lot to list and I know I am forgetting things but Feel free to contact me for additional info price $35,000

DonziChris
06-14-2019, 01:14 AM
Stunning and Beautiful Greg.

Chris