PDA

View Full Version : Moved to northern Virginia....look out DC!

handfulz28
03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Well the mid-Atlantic has a Handful now. Been threatening to come back here for a while. Got an interesting offer so here I am. Been here for 5 weeks and still seems a bit surreal. I've lived/worked here before but it was temporary whereas I've taken a "real" job now instead of contract/consulting work. Everything including my dog is still back in Florida with my girlfriend, living in my house. Guess I can say I have a vacation home in Florida these days...LOL

Since I work near IAD I'm renting a house in Sterling; about 5 miles from the office. But I plan on moving a little further east somewhere between Reston and McClean/Arlington. Problem Im having is trying to figure out how I'm going to move all my stuff....2-car garage filled with tools/parts, plus the loft space overhead. Oh, and the boat and all the stuff IN the house tooo...

Weather here is supposed to be spectacular this week so that'll be nice. I know we lost one Donzi to PA recently but hopefully I'll get out and meet my new "locals" in the area at some point.

Ghost
03-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Congrats on the new gig and welcome to the tick (DC). Wx has been crazy of late, as you noted. The boatyards could have opened a month early this year. Almost hit 70 today, before the thunderstorm. Have you thought through where you're going to put the boat?

EstorilM
03-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Seriously?!

I work across the street from IAD, off of 606 and rt. 28 - I live over in South Riding in Chantilly.

My friends and I usually head over to Lake Anna for the weekend - apparently there is a hardcore Donzi crew out there, so I can't wait to get my 454 heads cleaned up and installed. I'm expecting to get chased down by some of those curious Donzi crew guys when I head out there the first time.

You can head down route 123 to Occoquan and put in at a park there, about 20 min of no-wake out to Occoquan Bay and there's some nice boating around there! Or you can drive a little longer but put in at an overnight park with infinite parking and ZERO no-wake zone (just 20-yards or so around the ramps) - this park is right near Tim's Rivershore restaurant where the famous Aquapalooza is held every year. I went last season in my yamaha LS2000 and it was incredible!

handfulz28
03-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Hey Mike, we finally need to get together and have that pizza and beer! And I can apologize in person for my lack of couth in threads past. I've got to get out to Annapolis to see some friends there some time also...

As for the boat, it's just a hull still so it's more a matter of where I can work on it, or where I'm going to send it.

Hey Estoril, have to get together! I actually work on the IAD property in the black darth vader buildings near the parking garage. I get to/from taking the back road to Ox and then Pacific to Sterling Blvd.

Almost feeling like home today with the temps in the 80s. Only to look like a little chill down for the weekend again.

EstorilM
03-15-2012, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Yup I work off of Underwood so that back airport entrance is between the two underwood roads.

...actually, if you've ever gone down Relocation Dr (that first stoplight going west from the airport entrance) you've probably seen my boat ;)

Ghost
03-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Michael,

LOL, no apologies needed. Definitely in for some pizza and beer, it'll be fun to get together. And hopefully I'll have a running boat out here again in the relatively early part of the season. You'll need to take the Annapolis-by-water tour if you haven't done that. I can't believe it was freaking 80 again today and the yard's not even open!

Mike