PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Registry

ROADTOYS
03-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Back in 2000 I bought a Ford F150 SVT Lightning, started modifying it and the site NLOC.com (National Lightning Owners) helped me through, ALL kinds of simple crap that hadn't been tried on a relativly new truck, since then and $30,000.00 later, I have a 806hp monster, with a 2600rpm stall converter, JLP long block, stage 3 cams and heads, Stegimier Supercharger... and on and on. My point??? almost forgot, I am just starting on my 2000 Donzi ZX28 and all of you, (well most) have been very helpful. I am looking forward to getting my boat to the one of a kind thing I want, like my truck. Thank you all in advance for your help and patience.70374

Just Say N20
03-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Very nice truck.

If you put the same effort into your Donzi, it should be a remarkable boat. And you will find there are many on this site who have also created some amazing "one-off" over-the-top Donzi classics, and can appreciate your efforts.

Pictures of the progress are always a good thing.

I wish your engines had come up sooner. :)

Marlin275
03-08-2012, 03:42 PM
ROADTOYS (http://www.donzi.net/forums/member.php?12694-ROADTOYS) "I have a 806hp monster, with a 2600rpm stall converter, JLP long block, stage 3 cams and heads, Stegimier Supercharger..."

What performance numbers do you get with the truck?

Ed Donnelly
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
It was a toss up for me between the Lightning and the Harley P/U

The Harley won out do to the 3 rug rats.

Still have the Harley
Still have the rug rats................Ed

zelatore
03-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Two Lightnings later...I'm driving a Dodge (?)

Something must have gone wrong!

ROADTOYS
03-09-2012, 07:55 AM
NEVER sell a lightning!! I hardly drive it any more, I had to de tune it after moving to Florida, it would not idle with the A/C on down here, but Johnny Lightning sent my program thru my laptop, the street tune puts out 593 at the wheels, its a whole lot easier to drive in traffic with all of these q-tips here in SW Fl.:biggrin.:

Craig S
03-09-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm stilling looking at Lightnings.
Do you tow your Donzi with the Lightning in a high state of tune?
Craig

ROADTOYS
03-09-2012, 11:33 AM
My lightning only has 3 leafs left in the rear with traction bars for weight transfer and hook up at the line, with a stock tune and suspension, the 03&04 Lightnings had different springs in the rear and sat up about an inch higher than 01&02's, with a consertive tune one of those would probably handle it, I am running 20lbs of boost and with my trucks suspension, I wouldn't try it. I pull my Ducati 999 with it but that thing with an all alunimum trailer weighs nothing compared to my Donzi

silverghost
03-09-2012, 12:26 PM
The Harley & Lightning performance/sport trucks are very cool indeed.~~~

But I still like the raw power & massive torque I get from my old Chevy 91 454 SS sport-truck.
Bought it new and only have 52K miles on it.

This truck has a 4:10 locker rear & the electronic 4L80E 4-speed auto trans with lock-up torque converter. Special suspension & quick sport steering.
Many mods & a bit of cash later~~~
It is far from a stock 454 SS truck now !

Chevy only built approx 800 of these monsters in 1991 .
The earlier 1990s had the old turbo 400 auto transmission with 3:63 rear end.
The 1991 SS version ,vs the earlier 1990, is a much better performance truck in my opinion.

I tow ALL my "Toys" with this truck.
You hardly know anything is behind you.
This truck will pull-out tree stumps !

gcarter
03-09-2012, 02:41 PM
"all of these q-tips here in SW Fl.:biggrin.: "

I may resemble that remark! :cool!:

Of course I live in Central Florida, not SW Florida........maybe that makes a difference.

Nice truck

ROADTOYS
03-10-2012, 09:19 AM
We get so many retired folks every year that seem to think they are the only car on the road, they will come to a complete stop in the middle of the road to look around :nilly:....come on now all of you living in Florida have some sort of horror story driving :yes:

gcarter
03-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I sell Kinetico water treatmennt equipment to these folks, and have a pretty good relationship w/them.
Some of them are younger than me.
When I (we) started this business, I was in my younger 40's. Time goes by...........
The one's that really bug me are the one's w/o a focus in their life, and the one's that drink.....I've been on sales appt's at 10 AM and they're already plastered.

Many of them definately need a life!

silverghost
03-10-2012, 02:05 PM
My 92 y/o father was driveing every day until only six weeks before he died.
He was a better & more aggressive driver than I .

Six months before his passing he drove my 454 SS pick-up while towing my 24 foot skiboat & tandam axel 28 foot galv. steel trailer 90 miles to Ocean City Nj all by himself.
He also launched the boat for the summer season at the OC NJ boat ramp all by himself that same day.
I was not with him as I was working that day.

Not all older folks were as sharp, and active, and independant , as he was all his long life.
He did not drink, or smoke~~~Ever !
He walked at least a mile every day up & down the hills of our neighborhood.~~~unless there was snow, or ice on the ground~~~
Then he used his tread mill & exercise bike with strap- on weights on his ancles until the snow & ice was cleared..

We should all hope that we get a chance to grow old someday ourselves~~~just like these older folks..

Always remember that most older folks are just doing the very best that they possibly can ~~~given their current health & mental condition & limitations.
They are just trying to stay active & survive to live life.
Remember this the next time you are riding in your car , or truck, behind them. !

ROADTOYS
03-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Brad, my engine builder is up near Manheim in New Hope PA, he did a hell of a job on the lightning, George, I spent 2 years in St Cloud Fl at a buy here pay here lot, my house in Remington (Kissimmee) up there REALLY needed water treatment.

Fishermanjm
03-13-2012, 03:05 PM
nice truck roadtoys,,, i had a ranchero back in the day with a 351 cleveland in it, that was a screamer. I'm with Don now drive a Ram truck 2500 it will haul just about anythin